Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When going for part-time work....

• 25-06-2002 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

What should you do? I worked in the same place for 4 years before starting my leaving this year so hadnt worked, decided for a new place and so far have had little luck.

I havent tryed many places yet but was wondering, If I apply for some place like spar, centra or maccer's should I bring in a CV or just head straight for the manager ?

From what I have heard these places are normaly always looking for staff is that true ?

Anyone fill me in I need some cash :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, thats pretty much true
    just go along and ask one of the assistants whats required.
    you may get an on the spot interview.
    if they want a cv, make sure you have one in a folder with you.

its really not that hard
    although, you are probably better off getting yourself a possition that has something to do with what you are interested in or what you would like to do as a career. like work in a net café if you like pcs, work in spar if you want to work in dunnes etc.

of course, if you are just after a bit of work and some cash then go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Jobs in Net Cafes and places like that aren't easy to come by unless you know someone. With computer smarts though you can try get a helpdesk job or something similar, but they're quite rare part-time atm too. Email me your CV and I can get you a job in my place ~€8/hour. We're moving to Leopardstown in 2 weeks though so if you can't get out there, it's no use to you. Basically don't go for minimum wage unless you really have no other choice. Print out a load of CV's, go into town and apply to as many places as you can that might be even vaguely interesting, Game, Tower, etc etc.

:)

Advertisement