Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterjet Cut window

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

yah man smoking ThE WeEd

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

what is it with cutting a hole in the side of your pc???
    And neon lights??

A sweet paint job is all im after, if i ever get the finger out and finish mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

You start by tidying up your pc and then relise it doesnt look to bad so you decide to show it off.

Also its not neon (some ppl do use it) its a cold cathode as neon's get too hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Is anyone in Ireland doing this waterjet cutting - I can feel a custom window coming on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Drazhar though I agree that the window+cold cathode combo is getting a little old, it's still better than a plain ol beige box :)

I'm not aware of any places that do water jet cutting here, but it'd be worth your while (if you want to have it done) to check metal works shops/places. They might know somewhere that has the equipment. A lot of people just get Time2kill from [H] forum to do theirs, but shipping to the US...

My project is still in planning stages, but it'll be sweet once it's done. Getting supplies together now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by PPC
    You start by tidying up your pc and then relise it doesnt look to bad so you decide to show it off.
    Advice you should follow, PPC.

All i need to do is fix my fanbus and im done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Oh that's just perfect, I find out about where to get this sort of thing done AFTER I put in hours and hours filing mine. *sigh*

Mentioned in that thread: http://www.kellysearch.co.uk/

Just going through lists of places that do the cutting now, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

If you cant find any waterjet cutting places any die manufacturers will have a laser which would do the same job except you would have to probable sand the paint off

Iver looked at getting it done and it would cost him $200.
    So i think thats a little to dear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Yeah, loads of places do laser cutting but its way too expensive. Thats why everyone is getting so excited about water jet cutting. Nice and cheap but excellent quality.

Advertisement