Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minidish & Hotbird 13 degs/Astra 19.2

• 25-06-2002 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a French and Spanish grad and am currently out of practice. Our Sky sub is up now at the end of the month and I'm still wondering whether or not to continue on with it as I'm not getting as much out of it now as I did at the start. If I were able to receive French or Spanish programming I would scrap the sub and move the dish.

So I was wondering if any of you fine people know if it is possible to receive signals from either the 13 deg or 19.2 group with the minidish. According to the Astra and Hotbird websites, the satellites in question have a nice strong footprint over where I live. Has anyone else had any luck in getting them going?

If this topic has been brought up before and I missed it, sorry :D

Merci beaucoup & muchas gracias

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

Yes - it is possible to receive signals from 13E and 19.2E.
    The problem lies in the fact that the digibox was only really designed for use on 28.2. The digibox does not allow you to modify all of the tuning settings.
    A list of channels on the satellites can be found here:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/

To really get the most, you should consider a FTA receiver. Check out ebay.co.uk for second-hand ones.

To conclude - yes, there are channels there. Your digibox may not be able to pick them all up, though!

Happydude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

The digibox will pick up all but a few on Astra.There will be slightly more unavailable on Hotbird but generally the vast majority of channels on both sats are 22000 and 27000 symbols.Check www.lyngsat.com .Also the minidish will most likely be fine for picking up Astra but might not pick up all transponders on hotbird.
    Just a mention-there aint a huge amount of french free to air channels available.Check the charts to see if its worth it.

Advertisement