Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr Dictionary

• 25-06-2002 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Mr Dictionary is banned from PI board. Please see many posts in PI for reasons why.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I liked him :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey i dont hate the guy, the posts are aimed to shock, puzzle, joke and flame. I just object to that happening in a board meant for personal issues which has to have a clean, unprejudiced thread line. I'd love to see this person write the way they think as opposed to the way they try to make people believe they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mr Dictionary

Gordon, your indomitable attitude to my argot vocabulary is atrabilious. While you continue to collude, I do not deliberately try to cause trouble, I am merely trying to elucidate my points in a well-spoken manner, not to adumbrate my intelligence in any way.
    If your wish is for me to leave these boards, then I will remain quiescent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I find his posts funny. And they are not actually offensive in any way. However, his posts do throw the thread off-topic as other posters whinge about him.

IMO the troll of using such advanced diction will lose it's novelty after a while. I say let him back in and people will eventually tire of saying he's not funny/interesting/etc.

(and no, he's not me)

I'm glad to see that your posts have more heart now than before. I don't want to see you banned from boards, I don't want to see your real name posted up for all to see. But I do believe that you are trying to cause trouble but I think you see it as stirring it up a little.

Your argot vocabulary is, indeed, atrabilious to many PI posters - I find it funny that you use the word argot for that point by the way.

Your "well spoken manner" can be had by you but understood by many more if you elucidate to the masses as opposed to the minions.

• Advertisement

Well, I'm off to Greece tomorrow anyway! Smiles and SheroN will decide what to do ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Leave him banned, there are many places on Boards.ie for fun and trolling and taking the piss. PI isnt one of them.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

His vocabulary reminds me of typedef :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Stephen
    His vocabulary reminds me of typedef :)

So does the name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Let me guess... Bubbles.

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Posting in that painfully unfunny manner really isn't appropriate on the PI Board, or any board for that matter, considering the fact that a large chunk of users here lack vital portions of important brain matter needed to understand that drivel.

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Posting in that painfully unfunny manner really isn't appropriate on the PI Board, or any board for that matter, considering the fact that a large chunk of users here lack vital portions of important brain matter needed to understand that drivel.
    Also seems a large quotient lack a certain something called "sense of humour".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i think at this stage a spam board shud be opened [:P]

i dont think mr.dic deserved to b banned, hes a newbie and doest understand the ways of pi, i joked bout it first wen i joined boards, i was young and naieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ah, he doesnt bother me, i just wanted him to be registered and to stop abusing the unregistered.

the off-topic ness complaining about him is annoying and see the recyle bin for the stuff.

<< Fio >>

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Originally posted by Celt

Also seems a large quotient lack a certain something called "sense of humour".

You are obviously an expert in the arts of laughter I take it!?
    Wasn't aware that I had to find Mr.Dictionary's comments funny in order to have a sense of humour, but then again, I can understand people like you getting off on annoying statements like "your indomitable attitude to my argot vocabulary is atrabilious"

Whatever floats your boat I guess...

Originally posted by RopeDrink

You are obviously an expert in the arts of laughter I take it!?
    Posting in that painfully unfunny manner
    Well it seems you certainly are Sir!

This could be easily said about your rants;

"Posting in that painfully boring and annoying manner really isn't appropriate on the Admin Board, or any board for that matter, considering the fact that a large chunk of users here lack vital portions of important brain matter needed to read that drivel."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Whats funny about his posts?
    It was mildly amusing the first time. Its just posthumous equestrian flagellation after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm of the mind that it's not even midly funny.

And Celt... If you find that funny, I think it's you who needs to get a sense of humour.

But as to Mr. Dictionary!
    Wonderfull trolling, I must say!

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Whats funny about his posts?
    It was mildly amusing the first time. Its just posthumous equestrian flagellation after that.
    His posts arent particularly funny, people(like ropedrink's) responses are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Good that he's banned. PI isn't the kind of forum where anyone wants to need a dictinoary by their side to decipher someone's posts only to have their hopes dashed when they find out they don't make that much sense after.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I'd bet my membership it was typedef

Your intransigent proposal regarding my identity is pugnacious. The appurtenance of the sobriquet 'typedef' is acrid and laudable. Keep your diffident opinions to yourself, you god damn wastrel.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Keep your diffident opinions to yourself, you god damn wastrel. [/B]

hehehe :D

Originally posted by Celt

His posts arent particularly funny, people(like ropedrink's) responses are.

Yes impatient people who can't understand a large ammount of constructive criticism / opinions or comments tend to find my posts funny...

Oh, but then again, you never fully read one of my posts before did you!? How you find them funny, I don't know - AngelWhore said it - Try getting yourself a sense of humour...

Tell me something Celt, when and why have you started a hate trip against me!? Was it since I flamed the CS Board for being the degraded, spammy pile of **** that it was at the time, or is it you enduring the hardships of puberty / Quest to be regarded as funny...

I never had a problem with you, but nowadays I find reading your ****ish insulting posts towards me as funny as someone trying to beat me to death with a feather... Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Well like I said I've no problems with him, he posts ****e and while it's tedious to read it doesnt do any real damage, Gordon is the one he'd have to talk to.

<< Fio >>

I think my extemporaneous poll results speak for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Thread Closed, there has been more then enough talk about and by Mr Dictionary...

Mr Dictionary, take it private to the mod who banned you, if they are still unwilling to let you back in, which is understandable, you will just have to live with it until such time as the ban is lifted.

If you post any more please let me back in, or why am I being treated harshly trolls, or if you pm or mail me with your swallowed thesaurus, I will ban you for wasting my time.. :)

(Gordon, if you want this thread to remain open pm me, I think enough has been said on the subject)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement