Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playstation 2 connection

Options
  • 25-06-2002 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Hello, wondering is there any product on the market to connect a playstation two to a p.c monitor? If so anywhere you can get it in ireland?

Cheers
    Data

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I guess you could do it using:
    a) a Cheap and cheerful TV card
    b) An RF adapter for the PS2

Of course you'd have to have the PC on all of the time..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The standard PS2 RF adaptor will NOT allow you to use your PS2 with a PC monitor. The TV card method will work, but its not great - the image quality is generally awful compared to a standard TV - I've tried this myself.

The other option is to purchase a "VGA Box" which should do the trick, but you'd probably have to do it via mail order as I've never seen them available in Ireland, and they tend to be expensive for what they are. Have a look for PS2 VGA boxes on www.lik-sang.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Thanx also saw a an adaptor that will let you use a ps pad on your p.c

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, I meant a combination of:
    A TV card and an RF adapter.

I get very good quality when hooking up thinks like video recorders, Camcorders etc.

Can't imagine a PS2 being any different.

It's also a very cheap solution..

Or alternatively, get a WinTV card which has inputs for SVideo or component input.. Then you would not need the PS2 RF adapter.

Check out Hauppage

• Advertisement
Advertisement