Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A strange Parrot File

• 22-08-2001 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

Has anyone seen a file in the root of their hard disk called "parrot00.108" I suspect this file may be some sort of virus but I can find no reference on any virus checking sites. I have seen this on numerous machines
    running winnt4.0 sp6.

Anyone any clues???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I reckon it was Old man Swithers, the caretaker, and he probably would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I work with scooby (no i'm not shaggy wink.gif), we noticed it on new compaq's, it leaves after a while and doesn't appear to do anything.

We're just wondering if anyone else ever seen it...

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I have a nagging feeling I've seen it reported somewhere as a worm of some sort :/

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

theres no trace of it here. im working mostly on ibms but im sitting at a compaq (though its not new)

had a quick check on google and dogpile and no sign which would worry me but then again i lose sleep over things like that. if its on new compaqs then you might ring compaq or better still if you know someone there they would be more helpful.

j

"Why not put the match in a shark tank, with real live sharks, hungry sharks, and the only way to beat your
    opponent is to stuff them down a shark's throat and pin a shark".
    -Kurt Angle to Lilian Garcia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Have a look through a few of these:

http://www.google.com/search?client=googlet&q=worm+parrot

Looks like a morph of one of those to me.

adam

• Advertisement

ok had a little look around, seems it has something to do with connecting ur comp to an ipaq ... mystery solved! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Just install Cracker01.tsty alongside it and it'll be happy.

Woops! appears I was wrong, I got onto Compaq b4 I found that info on the net n they just replyed now!
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Compaq bios and diagnostics partition on your hard drive</font>
    another scooby mystery solved biggrin.gif lol

Advertisement