Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chili's??? new order excellent too

Options
  • 26-06-2002 8:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I love flea!
    Chili's played like magic last night and I loved Flea's wee outbursts and red-glow shoes....I'll marry him...!but I felt embarrassed and kind of disgusted at the crowds treatment of New Order.

There was loud booing after about 4 songs and loads of little sh*ts holding up their fingers unashamedly at the lead singer and in turn, he wasn't too impressed.........They're so fckn good! Even in the pit, where I was :Joy Division tune- 'love will tear us apart' didn't shake up the kids!
    I was more than a little pissed off. This band have been around a good 25years and been through their fair share of **** and they don't deserve ignorant, impatient and completely rude reactions :like they got,
    my friend and I screamed our heads off trying to support them and danced around enjoying their amazing songs but **** it ,t'was useless.A lot of these people have no problem dancing round to the Kylie song which is mixed with 'Blue Monday'
    Some saps outside were slagging them off in German accents....this amounts to the abismal i.q. of the bulk of fans at the gig.

Understandably, most people couldn't wait for the chili's to come on....but it was so disgusting what went on, and I love the chili's a lot! Closing with 'Power of equality' was genius, they rock! and the weather was gorgeous, shame a lot of stupid people couldn't shut-up if they were not enjoying the support band.

Flea and Johnny worked some beautiful New Order riffs into the intro's of a few songs which sounded brilliant.....they gave it socks .Great gig,shame about the booing crap+also got my bag swiped {small blue leather containing bluephone+brownpurse....???}

signing off: chili's devoteé +new order ,you rule too.
    Maybe things were different outside the pit ,I wonder was it the same on the pitch??
    too early.....zzz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 chefburno

Even from the comfort (yeah right!!):mad: of the west stand, the gig was ****ing amazing.

Flea and Chad were blinding!!! loved the new stuff. It's everything about going to see a really world-class band and they know it and to quote Anthony Keidis:
    Ask not what you can do for your audience but what your audience can do for you!!
    :p:)

They seem to ooze class at every orifice!!! John Fruiscante is amazing on that guitar. Under the Bridge was a highlight as was 'Otherside'.

But the final song was the best, Power of Equality.. It just ended so abruptly, so cool, everyone going away with Fleas' monkey impersonations ringing in their ears, He even sang the first line of the national anthem (sorry, can't spell it) :(

here's to more gigs like this!!!

laters
    da chef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

Thought the Chilli's were amazing as well! I would have liked it if they played a little bit longer though. Another 20 minutes even. Great night and great show by them.

first time at lansdowne for me as well. Not a fan of the venue....what a trek out out of there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

the chilis were fantastic but i still have a lot to complain about...

the crowd was full of scum bags...with ireland flags everywhere (its a gig not a football match) and what was with the choruses of ole ole ole??? and there was a guy holding up a totenham jersey screaming about totenham...

security were W**KERS!!!! saw loads a ppl getting kicked out for nothing...and any sort of a mosh that got going was stopped immediately...f**king hell, its a rock concert...we're only having fun!!!

the crowd didnt appreciate the brilliance of new order either...

hmmmm...anything else to complain about...oh yeah, lansdowne is an awful venue for getting out of!!!

was dissapointed with the walls...thought they'd be better...

red lemon sucked lemon!!

so all in all i had a great night!!!! the chilis werent on long enuf and as much as i like californication and the new stuff was pretty good, i'd a likin to hear more of th older stuff...oh well, they still rawked!!!

also, i saw tons of ppl with the name of the band written on their arms n stuff and not one of them (that i saw anyway) spelt it correctly...

i saw chilli , chillie, chilly but no chili...

can't wait for by the way to be released...here all that new stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

I have to agree with you Kurdt, the crowd were a whole load of sumbags in the pit. And what was with the flags?? The World Cup for Ireland is over!

New Order were f***ing fantastic, "Blue Monday" was brilliant live, although i did see one or two of you sitting down in the pit when New Order were on. Do any of you appriciate good music??

I actually quite liked Red Lemon and The Walls were excellent, play some Red Lemon on Phantom.

The Chilis what can I say... except HELL YES!! great band love them even more loved all the new songs and the highlight was when they played "Under THe Bridge" and stage all lit up it was so cool!! "Californication" lived up to my expectations as being the coolest song around. "Parrelel Universe" was also fantastic, as was everyother song they played.

I got alot of brusies in the pit when i got crushed. But it was a brilliant gig.

PS: Thanx for the lift home Pete!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 drunkmonky

any1 know were i can get the irish rappers "blood rush" , mp3 if possable, im cheap.
    :confused:

• Advertisement

or even the name
    thanx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i have to agree with kurdt, except new order were ****e.

drunkmonkey they're called "creative controle" (yes i know its an incorrect spelling , but thats how they spell it....i have it on 12" around here somewhere.........)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

...and chad smith is an amazing pool player....(though i let him win a couple) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

well i have to agree with Kurdt as well the crowd were the worst i have ever seen and the support acts were really boring!

for what was a rock concert there was no moshing or nothing(only attempted)

i didnt get crushed at all-very disapointing!

But the peppers were brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Originally posted by 120_Minutes
    i have to agree with kurdt, except new order were ****e.

drunkmonkey they're called "creative controle" (yes i know its an incorrect spelling , but thats how they spell it....i have it on 12" around here somewhere.........)

Why did you say New Order were ****e? I really got into them and did you not even like it when John played with them?

• Advertisement

i found out my self over the weekend, but thanx any why, the 12" is near imposable to get apparently, you wouldnt record it on to ur computer,change it to mp3 and stick it on a file sharer for the whole world to enjoy, would you?
    :confused: :rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Have you tried Road Records for the Creative Controle 12"? I got it there. They've got a new one out too called "Check The Vision"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 eye_of_gold

Originally posted by rapture_queen
    well i have to agree with Kurdt as well the crowd were the worst i have ever seen and the support acts were really boring!

for what was a rock concert there was no moshing or nothing(only attempted)

i didnt get crushed at all-very disapointing!

But the peppers were brilliant!

i don't know if you were in the pit or something, cos where i was there was plenty of moshing for the entire RHCP set, and some cool thing that i think is called stonehenge. people standing on each other in circles. security must have been busy elsewhere to break up our mosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

well security in the pit were just plain mean...no other word to describe it with out getting tons of ********

yeah, saw some deadly looking moshes that they had on the big screen...you were probably in them...ah well, the chilis were fantastic anyway!!!!!

Originally posted by Monkey
    Have you tried Road Records for the Creative Controle 12"? I got it there. They've got a new one out too called "Check The Vision"

yeh they were sold out of it, it dosnt matter cause its out on a culbanation album called "Kicking Against" its got all diffrent stuff from the Dublin scene, the Frames and the like.

Advertisement