Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver mx, Firworks mx, flash mx

Options
  • 26-06-2002 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I noticed a few threads about dw mx and flash mx, people wanting to download it and stuff, I came across a magazine at the weekend called Computer Arts Interactive Its the July Edition. All the 30 day trials are on the cd, Dreamweaver Mx, Fireworks Mx, Flash Mx, Poser 4, Toon Boom Studio V2.
    That might save a few of you on the 56k connection a bit of time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Aye, its a good mag too. I just can't bring myself to fork out €12 for it each month though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Cheers tmcd for that one ;)

I had planned on downloading it somehow, but I am very much willing to fork out €12 and save my time online. I love getting experience with new development environments (be it web or IDEs).

Thanx again :)

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I actually get Computer Arts every month. It's well worth it.

And Dreamweaver MX is one hell of an upgrade. I couldn't get to grips with Flash MX though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

That issue of the mag (if you look closely at it), all the MX software expired on the 7th June (which is crap). It distinctly says on one of the cover CDs that you must hurry to try out the software.

Of course I didn't see this until I got home, and removed all the stickers off the CDs etc (damn :mad: ). I had tricks up my sleve to get around this problem (not going to go in to details here, sorry), but when I went to install the software, the install shield tried to connect to the net. I assume it was probably going to ask me to register the trial edition there and then.

Also for those you that say why don't you just move system clock back a few days, think about what is going on here. If the install shield is connecting to some server (probably owned by macromedia), it could get the date from the server clock instead of bothering with your clock. Anyway when I saw it connecting to the web, I just cancelled the installation, and just settled for being pissed off, for the afternoon.

Oh well, anyone else notice this?

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 snake_eyes

i think i would have just tried it to see if it worked.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Fireworks MX is on this month's PC Live coverdisc. I bought it the other day but haven't had a chance to install it yet but I reckon this could also be a 30 day free trial thingy so you'd better get out there quick, folks, and start picking up your copies of PC Live right smartish!

By the way, PC Live is only €4.90 as opposed to €12 but obviously pretty thin in comparision with that other mag. However, I reckon it would be worth it for Fireworks MX alone so get out there and start buying. It's just a pity it didn't have Dreamweaver MX and Flash MX (which I've just spent hours downloading!) on it too. Maybe they might do that next month if we're lucky (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, hint, hint to anyone from PC Live who may be reading this! :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ahh the wonders of having MX studio - me sits back and laughs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Yeah, yeah bazH, rub it in why don't you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

oh i will Buddy - Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MX, Freehand 10, Coldfusion MX and HomeSite+

my advice is to squeeze all your inspiration and creativity into that 30 day trial period.:D

Advertisement