Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

members

Options
  • 26-06-2002 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

boards.ie has thousands of members.

how many of them are actually active?

the amount of people on the members list with no posts gives the list an inflated figure.

perhaps those who registered, say, a year ago or more, with no posts, could be sent an email asking them would they like their account to be deleted or would they like to keep their account.

those who don't reply within 20 days get their account automatically deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

And what purpose would this serve?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

t'would give a better picture of how many members there really are.

would you count as a member somebody who registered in jan 2000 and hasn't posted to the site at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I think what Keeks means is that we don't actually care, and that the effort required to send a recieve 8000 e-mails even using scripts and database shennanigans, is too much to worth bothering about.

Sure I've got an account with a certain ISP that I stopped paying for 4 years ago that still works. Why doesn't the ISP stop my access? Because it doesn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I'd agree with klong on that one actually. It could be setupto be completely automated and would tidy things a lot and paint a preciser picture of boards's popularity.

Also, it would free up names etc that other might want...

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

And what about the people who have bloked their addy address? It pointless really.

It would be a lot easier to add a script to monitor users activity, rather than finding out who is not actvie and deleting the account.

Anyway from what i can remember there is an (unoffical?) policy here of not deleting accounts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement