Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtremefest tattoo's/piercings?

Options
  • 26-06-2002 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone planning on getting any at the gig?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I wouldn't recommend getting a piercing or tattoo done at one of these gigs.....

For a start, you don't know if these people are properly skilled to do the job and how good they are....

A tattoo is for life and if its botched it'll take a lot of money to fix it up again.....

As for piercings....everyone knows that their is a risk of infections from piercings....esp. from unhygienic conditions...which may or may not be the case at Xtreme...and if you have a problem how do you contact them?

Just thought I'd give my two cents...

Just be careful:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

BECAUSE, Deco, If you bothered to look into Xtremefest you'd see the piercing is being done by Bodyshock in Dublin, who I can assure you won't be piercing out of the back of a hi ace van like the knackers that were at Ozzfest.

Tattooist, he's a mate of mine from Clare who is a very skilled artist and again, very clean.

They won't tattoo people who've been drinking and they are responsible.

There's nothing wrong with getting inked/pierced at festivals, so long as you don't get into a mosh and that's not for everyone is it.

Just thought I'd give you my opinion.....sorry for being concerned:eek:

My sister got a bellybutton piercing at ozzfest and it then got infected.....and I thought it'd be the same thing at Xtreme...

If you know them and know the're good then it's all cool.....

No worries....

Get pierced/inked away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Sorry for snapping Deco, having a bad day :)

Yeah the guys doing the piercing at Ozzfest looked well dodgy, don't suppose you know who they were?

Wish I did...unfortunitly they never gave my sister a contact number or anything.....so when it got infected she had to go to another piercers....

Yah those guys where well dodgy....wish my sister had the cope to realise that:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Why bother getting it done in a festival when you can get it done in a shop? The Xtremefest thing seems to be marketed as:

PIERCINGS!! TATTOOS!! STALLS!! MERCHANDISE!! T-SHIRTS!! CDS!!

bands

BRINGS LOTS OF MONEY!!!!

Which is the reason im not going.

If your going surely go for the bands and then if your having a good time and feel like it consider spending some extra money on these things. But really no matter what they try and make you think you can get everything that will be there (probably cheeper) in Dublin if you spend 2mins looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

The problem with getting pierced and/or tattooed in places like that is that you are going to jump, dance, sweat drink and whatever afterwards. The piercing might be clean at the start, but not later on in the day, that's why it's not necessarily safe to get one done there.

Artists might be good, but still, a blow in a fresh priercing is not nice at all (experience talking)....

Advertisement