Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adsl

• 26-06-2002 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

Was wondering what a good n cheap ADSL modem would be? And where can you buy one from? I looked back at Coyote's old thread which is very informative and found out a whole bunch of stuff.

What make and model of modem do the majority of ADSL users use and do errcom require you have to have a router or a simple cost effective modem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Which package do you have ????????

if you have Solo or multi you will have to get a modem of Eircom as there configured for there ADSL

if enhanced you can get your own Router modem but you will have to configure it yourself and you will not get tech support if the **** hits the fan.

I have heard of a company in the UK that are really cheap £200 I will have to get back to you though with there details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Then if you ask on boards someone here can give you the settings you need to enter.
    The Alcatel Ethernet modem that they sent me out has a web admin interface on it with all the settings. Its fairly straight forward to setup. If you look back in previous posts someone has allready listed the settings needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Yeah thanks for the replies. I'm getting the enhanced service from eircom.

I'd like to get a router but they are really expensive so I think I'll go for the straight forward option and just get the usb modem instead. Although... since it will be an always on connection it will be prone to attacks from anyone. So the router might be the better long term solution.

Just that I'm all tied up cashflow wise, I'm paying for a phoneline reconnection fee, the montly rental, the connection fee for adsl, the adsl connection fee and the adsl modem or router!

I'll just make sure I get a PPPoE as I think that's the type of service that eircom provides.

Advertisement