Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ambition - any takers????

• 26-06-2002 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

What does everyone here hope to be doing or have achieved in 5 to 10 years???? Or depending on what age you are now, by 30??? Any of my friends that I ask don't seem to know, or sometimes don't even care. The thoughts of pi$$ing my life away make me shudder, so a few years ago I decided to do something about it - what about the rest of ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im getting there slowly, as many may know im a huge wrestling fan and im a musican too, just in the last few months ive gotten involved heavily in IWW, Ireland first ever Wrestling promotion and ive got a new band together, ny ambitions are not of the good job kind, they are of the good life kind.

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

I've seen your wrestling work on the boards here actually, seems like a serious uphill struggle. But rich life vs. happy life is one of the worst decisions a lot of people have to make. If you get both, then you're sorted though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Personally, in five years time I plan to have my masters degree in clinical psychology or some such field, have a car (major gripe for me at the mo) and be on my way to moving OUT of Ireland, to New york or someplace in Canada.

I also hope never to be in debt again by that stage, apart from maybe mortgage/car repayments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

In 5 years time i'll be 28. I will hope to have firmly established and grown my business into a nationwide service. I hope to be employing a staff of at least 10. I also wish to get into property as soon as possible. The area of business i'm in is boring as ****e. I did a Business Degree (just finished) so i'm stuck with business. I understand the trade off between a job i enjoy and money. For me its gotta be money. I'm young and able to work hard and play hard. When i'm older i.e. 40's I want the sweet life. Money dont come easy. Still, who knows whats around the corner.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

In 10 years (27 yo), I hope to have a platinum selling record:cool:, or at least be working in the music industry at some level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Well, I started a new job in April and I have my career mapped out. I should get a promotion within 12 months and I can see myself as a global manager with a high up position in 5 years. I'll probably move as the company is a global force.

I should have a house within 12 months too. Starting a networking course in Sept and a Japanese course in Oct.

Should have some sort of lovelife sorted too within that timeframe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

i hope to::
    move as far away from my mother as possible
    make at least 3 feature films
    buy my own watch
    get a grand piano
    become a mod on boards:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

In 5 years I'll be 26, in that time I hope to have a high level Cisco corse....two or three levels above the CCNA I'm studing for at the moment. A car/van and be a on the road tech/netowrk admin. If not that, a Sr Network Engineer. I would also like to be living in a house....renting or my own, as for love life......I dont see that happing :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Being 27 and having purchased my first house at the ripe old age of 18(yep-its true) I hope to have my mortgage cleared within 10 years and then be able to cut back on work and enjoy some quality time with my young daughter/family.All most people work for is to pay their bills,mortgage etc.So without the mortgage Ill be financially secure and able to enjoy the good life.
    As for the good life versus good job,riches etc-Im a firm believer in the good life.
    I might even take up golf.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

In five to ten years time I hope to have concluded the definitive irsh novel.

...laugh if you will...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

In 5 years time I hope to be in a country far away from Ireland having finished my degree. I'm not highly motivated right now at all in anything except getting through college, and so far it's been tough going, so when I get out hopefully I'll be in a financial position to take a year or so off and travel aroung the world.
    In 10 years time my loose ambition is to be in a comfortable relationship, possibly marriage, and have a job that I don't detest going into everyday. I'd like to have my own house with some land so I can keep horses and dogs.
    That's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I don't have any sort of major ambition, which was never really a problem until I had to fill in various college application forms this year and do the Leaving Cert :(.

If I can look back in 10 years and say I've had a good time and not just pissed my life away I'll be happy. My only concrete ambitions are to get some sort of work over here so I can stay here a bit longer, and to finish Final Fantasy X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In 10 years I'll probably be dead :D

...if not, I'll probably still be floating around from job to job and doing nothing much of note. The joys of being a waster ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Lots of career chasers in here, thats cool.
    So what about Marraige then - how does everyone feel about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

hey hey hey my ambition is to own a Titty-bar :)
    drive a large pink cadilac and drink margaritas
    dress up in stupid heads and read kafka at the swimming pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by SYL
    Lots of career chasers in here, thats cool.
    So what about Marraige then - how does everyone feel about it?

I'm not massively fussed on marriage, just being happy with someone I love would be enough, although the pretty dresses are nice :)

At the end of the day, marriage is just a bit of very expensive paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well I have got some of my goals early I'm 23 and I am a Senior Systems Acrhitect which was something I didnt think would happen before 25 - 27. But going forward 5 years (I'll be 28) I would hope to be in a senior management position.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

To have written and illustrated a children's book
    Made an animation,
    Become accomplished and successful in 3d and motion graphics,
    Travelled,
    Seen lots of amazing stuff,
    And make www.Dearadh.org successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Am 25, happy enough doing what I am, promotion prospects not too bad, money is decent, cost of living is Damn all here. 5 years time I will be married to my girlfriend and we will have two of our four children (2 boys, 2 girls). Might stick around here, might not, don't really care as long as my family is happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I am 20. So within 10 years I hope to have gotten my honours computer science degree, that will allow me to do a Sociology and Theology MA.
    Then I hope to travel doing charity or mission work.
    I'm talking here about the JET scheme and time in America.
    I want to have run a marathon.
    I want to have started learning some more languages. A guy can't get by on german and english.

By the time I'm 30 I hope to be on my way to being either a lawyer or something else in the field of theology.

I won't be living in this country and I hope to have finalised the plans for my house.
    I should have a healthy portfolio by then and I am not going to make any plans for love etc. We'll see if things go well.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

gahh, just typed a long reply and it got erased so now type it again ....

In 5 yrs I will be 30, wow, thanks for making me think about that ;)
    I will have atleast 2 of my books published by then and become a world known author. I will be adapting one of them as a screenplay as many major film developers will see it as the next "GodFather"...I will also have had a very successful Gallery showing of my paintings where many doors will be opened for me for both my art and my writing ;)
    As someone posted before, the older I get the less I see myself getting married but who knows, it's a possibility that in the next 5 to 10 years I will meet someone who will change my mind ;)
    I will have traveled the world during the next 10 yrs as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

hopefully ill have had some involvment in making a film shown in the cinema within the next 10 years

Advertisement