Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Player Price ??

• 26-06-2002 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know where is the best place to buy a DVD player. i will prob get one at the end of the summer before i start back in college.

i'm not after one of these big fancy DVD players with loads of extras. just a standard machine will do. will prob buy some speakers as well.

my price range will prob be around €500 (thats being very optimistic)

could anyone point in the direction of an irish website or two so i can view prices etc.

where is the best place in dublin to buy this stuff.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Get the Minoka (rebadged Daewoo) from power city for 155 Euros. Reads everything you can think of, vcd/cd/dvd/mp3's and you can browse folders. Access the factory menu yourself from the remote and you can unlock the region and remove the macro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Blade
    Access the factory menu yourself from the remote and you can unlock the region and remove the macro.
    oh ya i forgot to mention in first post that i would be interested in getting a multi region DVD player.

thanks blade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

No sign of the Minoka on the Powercity website
    anymore.

Would the Crown DVD player at €149 be as good?
    (seems to offer the same facilities)

Or would the Orion at €159 be a better deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Try amazon.co.uk

They have multiregion DVDs starting from £110 sterling which is still a good price converted to Euros and they will deliver to your door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

thanks,

i usualy try to stay away from the £ because of the exchange rate. but if i cant get a better deal than Richersounds in dublin then i'll go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Try ringing power city and asking, don't mind the website. Theres pictures of it in all their newspaper ads.

Actually I just had a look at their web site and at this page :
    http://www.powercity.ie/Product_Search/DVD/DVD_Players.htm

The very first player there is the Minoka but it's labled as a crown, I don't know if they made a mistake or if it's also been rebranded to crown (it was rebranded from Daewoo too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

pick up one of the wharfdale's from tescos/Richersounds.
    5 star what hifi and multiregion... excellent DVD

Advertisement