Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something strange....

• 27-08-2001 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

Erm, I was going to post this with an urgent message seeking help with my keyboard. Y'see, I had great difficulty typing a few letters, which had appeared to become shortcuts. For example, the letter 'e' was a shortcut to exploring windows, the letter 'd' was a shortcut to my desktop, and the letter 'r' was a shortcut to the run program located in the start menu. I even had to copy and paste the offending letters from another application in reaching this URL. So what was the story? Everything seems to be alright now, hence the fact that I can type normally. confused.gif
    Can anyone explain what the problem was? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Your CTRL key is sticking?

Actually there is a way to lock the CTRL key on (Right CTRL?) I forget. It might be that causing it. Normally hitting ESCAPE a few times will stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Just one of those little quirks of windows.

Press the left ctrl-windowskey-alt keys for a second, that should stop it, if not, just reboot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Hrm, Thanks. I suspected one of the keys was sticking as well, though I never had a problem like that before. It just had me puzzled a while (and my sister pulling her hair out whilst she couldn't amend an important report she had to have finished for this afternoon tongue.gif).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That happens to me after a session of heavy compiling, using any IDE, jus a thought. `

When I was young, I dreamed of being a Fireman. Then I learned that they put out the fires.

Advertisement