Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidelio.....

• 26-06-2002 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Folks I have an interview soon mostly web stuff thats fine... but they have said on the required bit

"experience in micros and fidelio systems is preferable"

Is micros a mistake should it be microsoft, and if not what are these 2 systems, what do they do, what are their competitiors, I am not going to bluff my way on these in the interview, i just think it may be good to have an idea of what they are..

thanks in advance

paddy
    :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Uh, Google? First result? Hello?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Felix Unger

www.micros.com

2 Secs Google, I'm surprised you didn't yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

They're both used by hotels - Micros is a till system - basic SQL stuff, pretty idiot proof. If you've been in a pub with touch-screen tills, that's micros.

Fidelio is a Front Office system - used for checking people in and organising bills etc. Not for the faint hearted, it's finicky so if you have problems you'll be found out pretty sharpish. Better off not to bull****. Theres two versions - a dos/windows one and Fidelio Opera - as in the browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

u sure theres no shenanigans goin on there? wasnt "Fidelio" the password to get into the mansion in eyes wide shut? better buy yourself a cloak and a mask before u go for that interview :D

Advertisement