Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilts' DISTORTION

Options
  • 26-06-2002 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Just saw the video on Kerrang (digital).Excellent to see the lads getting out some decent coverage..cool song,cheap video,can't wait to see them at Witnness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

you can see them b4 that...

in tower records on the 5th july, next, not this, friday at 6pm methinks though dont quote me...

check out www.entertainment.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

Ists probably just me but
    Distortion is a ok to decent tune but the lyrics are ****ing terrible
    its like they were made up on the spot in the studio

facts schmacts -you can prove anything with facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Thanks Kurdt didn't know that,I'll check it out...
    And Leila,darling,never said lyrics are good in any way,fair enough it could've been made up in about 5 minutes maybe earlier if he didn't stop to make that cup ot tea!!!,but I do think it's a good song,but a bit of Irish support please....thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dob77

Got to agree with Leila..its ****ing dreadful, song and video. I know I'll get slated for this and its probably been argued here before..Kerbdog were a good band with good ideas, Wilt are just tired and jaded..people are always going to love them though, because they're too lazy to look beyond all the music that gets lots of airplay..like Wilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hi Dob,

Got to pull you up on this one. Just confused a bit I suppose (a regular occurence in the life of Reed)....

"people are always going to love them though, because they're too lazy to look beyond all the music that gets lots of airplay..like Wilt"

If youre suggesting that people dont bother to look beyond what theyre told is popular then I actually think youre very wrong. We get a lot of requests for and play Wilt quite a bit but the same people will also request music from everyone from Frank Zappa to The Dudley Corporation and all thats in between. Think its a bit of a generalisation to say otherwise.

Personally I think people "love" Wilt because they produce great three minute songs that everyone can bop along and sing along to. And theres no harm in that at all.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dob77

Hi pete,
    Hope I wasn't misinterpreted there. When I talked about Wilt getting a lot of airplay, that was in no way meant as a go at phantom for playing Wilt quite a lot...not at all. If phantom wants to play Wilt and people are requesting it by all means play it away. ;)

But I do think (and I've talked about it before with a lot of different people) that what I was talking about is one of the basic principles of mainstream radio. That if a song is constantly played people will listen to it, "believe" they like it, possibly buy the single or album and the band will chart. And I do believe that people will think they like something if they hear it enough times. People can be apathetic about music. Many people don't put an effort into exploring what really turns them on musically and will settle for what they hear. Since phantom is an alternative station, this is good, because people will be exposed to what they may otherwise not have heard.

And as for Wilt...I have my opinion and everyone else has theres (this is coming from ex die hard kerbdog fan) so we'll leave that one rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

It depends on how you view music
    Something harmless 'to bop along to' which has its place see Pink or as something that shoud be life affirming,original and visceral.

I like good pop music but has to be delivered with a freshness ,innocence and enthusiasm that I dont think WILT possess
    If ever a name suited a band its Wilt- to lose freshness,become
    flaccid,droop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

JUst saw the video on Kerrang on thursday night, very good song its catchy,as for having heard Wilt on any other station except for Phantom not happened yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Dob77
    . And I do believe that people will think they like something if they hear it enough times.

oh ho i beg to differ!!!!! "wired to the moon" i bought the single after hearing the song once or twice, and then when it gots its airplay...i got so turned off by the damn thing that its still in its golden disc bag!!!!!!!;)

Advertisement