Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio

• 28-08-2001 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

My dad got this from Microsoft today..

Visual Studio beta 2

Just wondering does anyone know what it's for?

-Dave

[This message has been edited by irishassassin! (edited 28-08-2001).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

K,

Visual Studio is like a collection of development tools dedicated to the MS OS platforms. It houses IDE's for languages such as VB, C/C++ etc.

Now assuming your Dad is a programmer or something similar I would assume that he probably got a copy of Visual Studio .NET . Which is MS's latest release of the development suite. I haven't had the opportunity to work with it (nor am I interested, coz I am Java developer), but it has introduced a whole new approach to programming on the MS platforms. It has comprehensive support for XP and Win2k.

Now you did say that it hadn't anything to do with VC++ (which I find hard to believe). But if it doesn't, and is infact something else, find out and fill us in wink.gif

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Cheers, it is Visual Studio.net allright and no my Dad is not a programmer or anything of the sort, so i don't know why he got it smile.gif.

-Dave

Advertisement