Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with my dvd

• 27-08-2001 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I have recently bought the creative labs encore drive, card and infra kit in Dublin. my problem is that it is developed for 98 or nt.i am windows 2000. I have recently downloaded the beta patch for the dvd player. the problem is that I cannot get the driver to install, as windows says that the current one is running ok. this is crap, as I cannot install the player software without the creative drivers. am I an idiot or is there a simple way to do this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Well I presume this thing doesn't install with a SETUP.exe but using a an INF file (ie. you go through Hardware / Device Manager / Update driver). If so instead of choosing the first option, to let windows search for a driver, go for Display A List of Known Drivers...Then click Have Disk and browse to wherever the driver files are. This way you can force Win2k to stop trying to be clever and just let you install the driver regardless of what it thinks is best.

Advertisement