Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christaining Gifts

• 26-06-2002 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I appologise if people feel this is the wrong place for this. It's one of those topics that just doesn't fit anywhere.

Anyway, my question is...What would be an ideal gift for the baptism of a child?

This will be the first baptism that I've ever attended (besides my own) and I haven't got a clue of what to get as a gift.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Some contraception for the parents maybe??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by SYL
    Some contraception for the parents maybe??

*TUT* :-D

As for the question...just go some place like debenhams they'll be able to advise you I reckon, you can get things like silver scroll holders for the birth certificate, and little silver boxes for the babies first tooth or a photo frame or some such jazz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

As eth)_ has said, find a department store and buy the usual silver rubbish people buy. It will of course get dusty in a cupboard somewhere.

Buy the kid a nice teddy bear dammit! No, not a bear, something different. A nice gorilla or an elephant maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Silver eh? How much does this sh1t usually cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Case

Not sure how close you are to the child but a practical pressie and a useful one is to open a bank account in their name and then if you're a godparent you don't have to keep buying pressies for birthdays, christmas etc. you can just put money in the account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

A silver cup.. if u go into any jewlers they will sort u out. it comes in a nice box, and the childs name is usually engraved into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Case
    Not sure how close you are to the child but a practical pressie and a useful one is to open a bank account in their name and then if you're a godparent you don't have to keep buying pressies for birthdays, christmas etc. you can just put money in the account.
    I would go with this or get a Department Store gift voucher. Or something specific to the date,e.g. one niece got a silver IR£1 coin (2000) and another got a silver ECU1 coin (1990).

Advertisement