Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2K, Games and Comm..........

• 28-08-2001 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi,

Just one little problem that I am having with Win2k, in games that I play online, I use BCom for most (Clan Games) but with Win2K, BCom, for example works great, until I load up the game, then its game only sounds. The system itself is capable, drivers are up to date, it works great in WinME. Just not in Win2K, I tried to give background apps preference, but still no help. Any one have any ideas it would be great.

Thanks

Leverz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I use RogerWilco on Win2k with an SBlive and it's fine.

Things to check would be if (You never mentioned what sound card) you can set the number of simultaneous wave-streams or voices on the card - increase it.

Make sure you have Dx8 for Win2k installed.

If you installed without ACPI then make sure your soundcard has a unique IRQ.

Install SP2 (you never know...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Its a SB Live! and its the latest version of Dx. Cannot use Roger Wilco as its in clans, and they nearly all using Battlecom. (Its better anyways).

Cant get my hands on the service packs;/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Cheers Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Leverz:
    Its a SB Live! and its the latest version of Dx. Cannot use Roger Wilco as its in clans, and they nearly all using Battlecom. (Its better anyways).

Cant get my hands on the service packs;/
    </font>

Leverz lad, email me your details @ gandalf@ireland.com and I'll burn SP2 onto CD and mail it to you.

Gandalf.

Advertisement