Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backlight for a laptop screen;

• 28-08-2001 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I have a HP Omnibook 4150 Laptop, it got dropped and I have determined that the fall broke the 'backlight'. (Correct me if I'm wrong ... The screen shows a very faint artifact of what is actually on screen, the artifact, is as it should be, but almost invisible. ?
    In any case, if I send the thing back to HP they will try to charge me for a new screen .. £500 squid ++ on a laptop I wouldn't pay much more that that for. However, I have it on good authority that backlights can be bought for about £60, so to cut to the chase, does anybody know where I can get one, or alternatively does any body have a laptop like mine that's FUBAR'd ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Aye, I have a dell pII 233 inspiron. with a broken screen. I bought it with the broken screen for 300 quid. I stuck linux on it and use it for development. Very handy cause I can bring it around with me to other networks when I need to demo work.

I'd like to get the screen fixed.. but I don't really need it and as you say, it would cost me around 400 - 500 quid.

Gav

Advertisement