Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Stuff 2 -- Return of The Ripping Qeustions

• 25-08-2001 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

(THIS POST IS NOTHING TO DO WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITY BECAUSE I AM ASKING THIS QEUSTION FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY)

ok i have a DVD Drive and rumour has it i can grab/rip/encode/convert a DVD to 1 or 2 CD's!

How do i do this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

its very simple, you get a riper (caldDVD) you put your DVD in the Drive, you Rip the Vob files (comes out about 4-5 gigs) you then get an encoder (Flask) you set the settings you want (ie: bit rate, sound settings, Screen Res) you leave it for about 4-12 hours (time changes depending on the settings, speed of your CPU) You need about 10 GIG's free for the hole thing. in the end you should get a .AVI file called a DivX. you should try for 600-650 megs. to play said DivX you will need the Codec for M$ Media Player. http://www.divx.com Dont worry about the Codec, theres nothing "ILLEGAL" about it. as you can turn just about any movie type into a Divx.

I didn't give links to the ripper or encoder as they are very iffy when it comes to the law. you do best to do searches on the net and find site's/forms that are setup for just that.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

thanks m8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

this is where you really want a P4.
    4-12 hours..that 4 is a little conservative.
    smile.gif
    if your going for a single cd rip, say 320x240 then expect a 10 hour rip on a 650P3 and as low as 2 1/2 on a P4 1.4.
    there are lots of factors to consider, such as audio quality etc, and your will certaintly botch your first few rips.

ultimately, its worth buying the DVD as its too time consuming ripping DVD's.

Ashley Lyn

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Xtra-Vision, you've gone too far charging the guts of £4 for a stinking movie, when its only £3.50 for the cinema.....
    R4PP4G3 T1M3.........
    I havea 30Gb hdd, P3800, 128ram. Only about 5Gb space frown.gif
    I need to get a CD burner fast lads

Advertisement