Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture / DLX architecture

Options
  • 27-06-2002 11:23pm

hello all,

i was hoping that someone out there would have a solid understainding of how assembly language instructions were encoded in binary...especially if it was in the DLX architecture language.

If anyone has an understanding of how op-code encoding is done (ie. how the different registers are encoded and the values) please let me know, as i am completely stuck on the subject.

Also, anyone with DLX knowledge, if they could tell me how each type of instruction (ie. I-type, R-type and J-type) fits in with each stage of the DLX pipeline (ie. what effect each instruction has on the stage) i would be most grateful.

Thank you for your help, I am completely stuck!
    :)

Advertisement