Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to do something about Eircom...

Options
  • 27-06-2002 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

It is time something is done about eircom...

Fobbing people off saying that broadband/flat rate is just around the corner and trying to fool people into buying this i-stream/hi-speed ****e thinking that it will let them download stuff at "twice" the rate of normal speed...thus costing people more to get slightly increased speeds and as we daily users of the net know, using something like this to download files overnight is not feasible and would have us going to the poor-boxes in an attempt to pay off the ridiculous bills...

So here's what I propose we do...
    As we all know, the Nice treaty is coming up and dear old Bertie is determined to get a solid "yes" vote...Many people (well, some people) think that the government and eircom are in cahoots and that they will not give us flat rate...so how about we get a lot of signatures and send them off to bertie declaring that the "internet users of Ireland are not going to stand for the treatment given out by the Government & Eircom regarding flat rate internet and will all, to the man, give a NO vote when the ratification of the Nice Treaty arrives"
    its blackmail...pure out and out blackmail but to get it to work we need many many people willing to do this, thousands of signatures in a short amount of time to get what we, the people, want...

Interested? If anyone wants to give this a go, contact me at accadacca666@hotmail.com
    NO SPAM PLEASE

NotsonewNewbie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

I have a suspicion that FLAT RATE will be available soon but without the help of the Telco`s and errcom. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NotsonewNewbie

sorry for posting the thread twice...mistake whilst getting used to boards :D
    *newbie wanders off to look at above link*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NotsonewNewbie

what above link...*newbie realises there was no link but still wanders off*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    I have a suspicion that FLAT RATE will be available soon but without the help of the Telco`s and errcom. :D

And how would that come about, BoneCollector? What do you know that the rest of us don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FFS... talk about dangling a bloody carrot..... c'mon, BC - what are you talking about ??

- Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by TmB
    FFS... talk about dangling a bloody carrot..... c'mon, BC - what are you talking about ??

- Dave.

I think he's been smoking something funny and drifted off to a land where Eircom didn't exist, flat-rate was free, broadband was about a fiver a month and all the politicians were honest and when he came back into the real world part of his brain was still stuck in never-never land and he got the two mixed up and got really excited and felt he had to post here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Can i suggest you look at this thread. Read what myself and others have to say. Please dont waste your vote, its important.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ah now... You can't just sh*t and leave like that! (Don't you love that expression?:D )

Have you been talking to Mystic Meg again, or is this just speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by TmB

- Dave.

Ah ... c'mon lads ... can ye not spot what he's on about?!!!

Read the post before his (most notably the 2nd paragraph and mentions of out and out blackmail) .. then read his again ... and take a note of the :D at the end of it.

Sorry :( maybe i should be more specific..
    and not use the the word SOON! rather than near future..
    and im not talking tomorrow... im saying that people will move to things like irish wan, cable, or wireless.... (thinking outside the box)
    and as far as
    > :D is concerned i probably should have used :o

• Advertisement

However.. i did see refference to a 64kbs service from leap for €20 per month, i was thinking maybe, if we had this which got you online and then link the net system you would have cheap affordable realy 24/7.. unfortunatly its "service" which is added to the standard package for further connectivity.. so alas :rolleyes:
    But they say they will be expanding the service pretty rapidly in dublin at least, and we could see some wide availability in the next 2 months or so (bye bye errcom) :)

Advertisement