Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worldcom ->>> International Share prices -> toilet

Options
  • 28-06-2002 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭

anyone else watching alot of their share value being wiped off about now? my HPQ shares were 20.05 there a while back......look at em now... $15.18. I've a loss of 30% now :(
    any recommendations should one keep shares and hope they pick up? after merger the target shareprice is now $25,,,,,,going to have to see it hit at least $19+ for me to see a profit....exchange rates killing my share value also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Keep them.

Unless you suspect they may have dodgy management accountants as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

... meanwhile WorldCom shares have hit the lovely price of $0.06 per share.

They would now be ripe for a hostile takeover if anyone was foolhardy enough.

Hmmm, if the share price doesn't pick up in the next month, perhaps the board of directors would accept my offer of 25 euro and a scratched Madness CD for 51% of the common stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Originally posted by sceptre

Hmmm, if the share price doesn't pick up in the next month, perhaps the board of directors would accept my offer of 25 euro .

Good idea, and then do a Bernie Ebbers and tap the board for a $366 million low interest loan. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mr Dictionary

Afetr absconding from this jocund board, my probity has increased from my perfunctory posts. Worldcom's mendacious reputation after repeated acts of clemency, certainly causes obloquy. My cavalcade of investing wisely is indomitable.

(.S. I am not a nonagenarian)

Advertisement