Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenacious D

Options
  • 28-06-2002 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Please Please Please does anyone know where i can get tickets for the show!!! Help me, Anyone else going???

BOmb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Have you tried the Sound Celler? I'm going to try after work today, i'll let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Dude! i rang Whelans and they said that there are tickets availible on the door! OMG this is gonna rock, ill be there at 4 o clock queing, well maybe not but ill be there early!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Cool but might be best to get a ticket before hand so i'll post here if i manage to get a ticket in sound cellar

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

I've been trying desperately to get tickets also, started a thread in the Wanted boards saying I need 3 or less tickets (still do, leave me a message or pm)

Ticketmaster have been sold out for a good while (and before I found out about the gig)
    I wish I could have saved you the effort of Sound Cellar because I tried there on Monday and they were sold out. The guy there said they might have some in the following day but when I pointed out that ticketmaster were sold out he said it was probably unlinkely then.
    I rang them the next morning anyway and the girl said they didn't get any more. She did say they were trying to move the gig to a larger venue to allow for the extra ticket demands.

This is another example of a complete cockup by a promoter. Please give a pat on the back to whoever thought it was smart to put them on in Whelans? The Ambassador can take half capacity with upstairs closed if they're worried about not enough interest.
    But of course there's lots of interest. Everyones taste in music isn't dictated by what's available to them in local stores.... I bought the Tenacious D album months ago on import when it came out in the States. There'd be a surge of interest in those who haven't heard of the band simply because of Jack Black.

I'd love to know who their European promoter is.. I know it's Epic in the US. I'm bitterly disappointed by this and hope that the info on aquiring tickets at the door on the night is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Stop press....... gig is NOW moved to Ambassador.... get your tickets quick now.

I hope somebody was under a hell of a lot of pressure relocating the gig so that it teaches them to organise better next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

you can get teh tickets form teh ticketmaster website I just got mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yeah i got 4 tickets today, haha!

BomB

Advertisement