Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem emailing irsh email addys??

Options
  • 28-06-2002 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

Is anyone else this-morning have problems emailing irish email address. eg:xxxxx@eircom.ie or indigo.ie
    I thought it was my eircom email address so I used my yahoo one but still the same results.Even when I tried to email eircom "webmailreply@eircom.net" it came back as a mailer-daemon.The only thing is I am using there trial adsl so I did not try through my normal diaup yet--curious

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by crazyasafox
    Is anyone else this-morning have problems emailing irish email address. eg:xxxxx@eircom.ie or indigo.ie
    I thought it was my eircom email address so I used my yahoo one but still the same results.Even when I tried to email eircom "webmailreply@eircom.net" it came back as a mailer-daemon.The only thing is I am using there trial adsl so I did not try through my normal diaup yet--curious

what was the mailer daemon error?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to Nets/Comms

I'm guessing that you're using your Eircom mail account to send the failed mails?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

Yep it was an error, it must just be a fluke that all three where rejected as I have sent myself an email (eircom.net) and it has gone through.But the original three still will not work with either my eircom or yahoo email program.ITs no big deal just curious if Eircom had a problem and if anyone else on the board was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep it was an error, it must just be a fluke that all three where rejected as I have sent myself an email (eircom.net) and it has gone through.But the original three still will not work with either my eircom or yahoo email program.ITs no big deal just curious if Eircom had a problem and if anyone else on the board was too.

Sounds like none of the three exist. If you can email yourself @eircom.net, then there's really no reason why any other email wouldn't work unless it didn't exist (although we are talking about eircom here) :)

Oh, and post up the exact reply you got from the mailer-daemon and we can tell you what's wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

They very well might be null and void now,but as I said earlier it is some fluke for all three.They were just email address out of the yellow pages for this year for satellite equipment.Anyhow this is the reply I got

1st
    "Hi. This is the qmail-send program at relay06.indigo.ie.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<ebbs@indigo.ie>:
    Sorry, no user here by that name. (#5.1.1)

2nd
    "Your message

To: electroplus@eircom.ie
    Subject:
    Sent: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:48:08 +0100

did not reach the following recipient(s):

electroplus@eircom.ie on Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:48:17 +0100
    The recipient name is not recognized
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=us;a=
    ;p=exchange;l=NTS_CTCNT010206281248NWQF05FM
    MSEXCH:IMS:Exchange:Central:NTS_CTCNT01 0 (000C05A6) Unknown Recipient"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Have they fixed it yet?
    The email address I tried to send to definetly existed...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They very well might be null and void now,but as I said earlier it is some fluke for all three.They were just email address out of the yellow pages for this year for satellite equipment.

Ahhhh......yeah loads of companies, especially in the Golden Pages online, put email addresses and URLs in their ads that don't exist. Makes them look up-to-date I suppose. Those 2 addresses : ebbs@indigo.ie, and electroplus@eircom.ie, defo don't exist, either they're made up, or someone intends to create them eventually, or they've been removed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

eircom.ie-is the eircom staff domain-so I doubt there is an [email]electroplus "that at sign thing" eircom.ie[/email]
    did you try [email]electroplus "that at sign thing" eircom.net[/email]

also the indigo address
    did you try [email]user "that at sign thing" gofree.indigo.ie[/email]...?
    if it is a gofree address, the @indigo.ie wont work..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

I'm fairly sure that @eircom.ie addresses are used by eircom staff only and are not given to external companies or individuals. If you register with Eircom they will give you a @eircom.net address, not a .ie

JD Snap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

But there does seem to have been an outage of some sort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement