Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yipeee progress according to IT

Options
  • 28-06-2002 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

In the business supplement today, it says the ODTR is issuing a ruling that olos can rent wholesale from eircom. Hooray. I don't have to pay the F***ers at eircom €15+ a month from now on. And I presume because I am such an optimist, that this means FRIACO can now be provided. If not, well hopefully it is not far off. All apparently because OLOs have problems with bad debtors! Who cares as long as we get what we want how it came about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

Got a link for this story?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

What business supplement was this in? The business supplement of the "Never Never Land Dreaming And Wishing Times" or something! :D

If you have a link it would be helpful, you know. People here have been so let down after getting their hopes up over various things in the past that none of us goes on rumours any more and we much prefer to read the things ourselves. If you've got a link, please post it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't think they publish the supplement stuff online. And the IT is subscription based now.

adam

Ah, IT must mean the Irish Times then, seeing as you're talking about Ireland.com having gone down the subscription route, adam. Why didn't vampyre just say Irish Times instead of IT anyway? Would have sorted out a lot of confusion. I thought the IT he was referring to meant Information Technology and was talking about some website along the same lines like IT.com or IT.ie or something else, if those websites happen to exist (note to self: something to check out later! lol).

Sometimes abbreviations can be really hard to understand. It's like those text messages or e-mails you get where people insist on abbreviating every single word till it gets to the point that u cant understand wat da hell dare trying 2 say! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

Aidan check your pm and there actuall is no need to address me in abstract terms no matter (how punny I am today) how etheral I am. Then get your brain hotwired. It may help, being abusive to people won't.

• Advertisement

Whoa, hang on one second vampyre. I wasn't being abusive to you and how did you come to think I was? I was just confused about what you meant by IT, that's all. I didn't know that you meant the Irish Times until adam talked about subscription and then the penny dropped that he was referring to Ireland.com and that you then meant the Irish Times, that's all.

That's why when I put "Never Never Land Dreaming And Wishing Times" in my first post it was because I didn't know what paper you were talking about until, as I said, the penny dropped that it was the Irish Times. And when I said "Never Never Land Dreaming And Wishing Times" I was being tongue-in-cheek about how we all wished these things were true. I just wanted this story confirmed, that's all, because we've all seen people posting up rumours about various things here that have led to us all getting our hopes up only to have them dashed again and how we've all become that little bit more sceptical as a result. Why did you think I was being abusive to you then?

As for your PM, I take great offence to some of the things you said to me in that but I will not repeat them here and I will let it go. One thing I will say is that how could I have gone out and bought yesterday's Times when I only realised this evening what you meant. Also, it wouldn't have been any harm to take a few minutes to type up what was contained in the article or scan it or something so the rest of us who do not read the Times, like myself, could have read what was in the article for ourselves and for the rest of us, like myself, who only realised this evening that you were talking about yesterday's Irish Times. Not everybody reads the Times, you know, and you shouldn't assume that they do.

However, I wasn't being abusive to you in what I typed and if you thought I was, I apologise. I think you should consider what you said in your PM to me as well because, while I didn't intend to be abusive to you, you certainly did intend to be abusive to me in your PM and I take great offence in that.

I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

As I have very limited access and like everyone else am paying through the nose for the joy of dial up it was short and sweet. I was in a hurry, there is a business to be run here, However I will remember in future to aim lower.

Originally posted by vampyre
    However I will remember in future to aim lower.

Are you suggesting I'm not intelligent enough to know what you were talking about, i.e. I'm "lower" or 'below' you? I was a bit confused by what you meant, that was all, and we all misread or misunderstand things from time to time. Nobody's perfect, you know, and just because I was a bit slow on the uptake this time you are suggesting I'm dumb, is that it?

Look, I explained myself, apologised if you felt I had offended you (which I didn't intend to), and tried to extend the olive branch. If you didn't want to take it, that's fine, and if you seem to have some sort of a problem with me, that's fine, but at least air your grievances with me in private and not on the forum. Complain about me through a PM or e-mail, eat the $hit out of me through a PM or e-mail but don't do it on here. The forum is not for that and there are enough threads with people slagging one another off in public already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thread locked before it develops into a flame-war.

No need to get in a parting word at the end of a post. If an apology is made (it was) and accepted (not sure), it's best left like that.

If not, the board isn't a place for airing grievances against other posters - that's what PMs are for.

Have to admit I didn't get the "IT" reference in the thread title myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement