Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett AMD 2200 Upgrade package

• 28-06-2002 1:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a full tower case, not sure about the power supply unit though(Not at home so I can't check, it is currently housing a P3-650 and I was wondering will the power supply be able to handle the AMD XP 2200 package offered by komplett. Gerry you know my computer .... you built it, will I be ok ?

Slaan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

A lot of the P3 machines built by OEM's were 250watt machines or thereabouts. The P3 has a lower power draw.

Depends on how long ago Gerry built it, if recently enough, he may have put in a 300w + PSU. If not you'll need a good un.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

The machine has a 235w psu, you'll need to pick up a new one. IIRC the machine was built an awful long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Get yourself a nice little Enermax PSU. I've heard some bad things about them before, but in my experience they've been great (and that includes heavy duty overclocking). They also do some nice silent ones, in case the whiney fan noises annoy you :)

Bear in mind though that Komplett probably won't have the XP2200 till sometime in July (when it starts shipping/selling properly). I mailed them to confirm this and got the same answer. Not good, seeing as I wanted one too :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Is this PSU ok ?

Enermax Powersupply ATX 350W (P-4)
    - Silent Series for P4/AMD

Slaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

I have the model up from that, and they're nice and quiet. And good too PSU's too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Using a 431W one myself at the mo, myom myom.

Advertisement