Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN & Athlons & Windows ME

• 30-08-2001 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭

Im ordering a new PC from Gateway based around the Gb AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz CPU, and i asked for a ISDN modem too and they gave me a Eicon ISDN PCI adaptor according to the Order confirmation. It hasnt been delivered after more than a week so i ring them up and the first person tells me they cant build the PC as the ISDN is incompatible with Windows ME. A 2nd phone operator again tells me that they cant make the PC cos the ISDN is incompatible with the Athlon. Personally i believe theyre talking ********, other people have told me theyre talking ******** but you guys seem to be the experts so whats the story? Are gateway correct or incompetent? If the Eicon is incompatible is there one i can get that IS compatible and install it myself after i get the PC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

got windows me , got eicon diva isdn modem and it works perfectly , it says its made fro win 95/98 and 2k but works fine on my dell

[This message has been edited by Barra (edited 30-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

reely they told you that ?!?! well call the freak squad r somthn cause i got somthn weird workin hear then ... also while your at it bring out the gimp and well give him a try to

order from www.itdirect.ie
    what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

[This message has been edited by elexes (edited 30-08-2001).]

Advertisement