Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring back SYL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I was perfectly prepared to and I don't think SYL has posted on boards.ie all day. I had forgotten about this ridiculous thread until someone stormed in all guns blazing, when in my opinion it would have been a better option to continue this over PM.

Although I *really* don't have the time to waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Well I'd say this will be archieved for YoreMa.com anyway.

Does that mean i'm famous?
    I doubt it'll be put there, sure no one has updated it in months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Although I *really* don't have the time to waste

That's funny, I could have sworn I just saw three posts by yourself in this thread within 10 minutes.

Peeps, it's a bulletin board, give it up. No need to start attacking Smiles.

[edit] sorry add another post to that count. I thought you were busy? [/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

:rolleyes:

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I've said this elsewhere... The PI board was never made for any form of fun to be had, it's for the discussion of personal problems suffered by members, request for help in regards to issues or whatnot - It is not a place where you can expect people to put up with comedians attempting to "MAKE FUNNEH'S"...

Anyone who cannot understand this needs to be beat to death with their eyelids...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    I've said this elsewhere... The PI board was never made for any form of fun to be had, it's for the discussion of personal problems suffered by members, request for help in regards to issues or whatnot - It is not a place where you can expect people to put up with comedians attempting to "MAKE FUNNEH'S"...

Anyone who cannot understand this needs to be beat to death with their eyelids...
    I strongly agree with this statement.

/me gives it soggy cabbage of approval

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I'm afraid it isn't my thread to lock, all I was doing was explaining myself, or do you only like freedom of speech when it suits you?

I try not to bitch, thats why I haven't personally insulted you like you have me ("child"), personally I don't really care, water off a ducks back and all that, I moderated and explained where I saw it was necessary, thats it. I did not have "guns blazing", unlike some i don't condone violence.

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

why can't everyone just be cool....like a couple of little fonzies.....

• Advertisement

Smiles, I don't really feel you've done anything wrong.

Some people have, but it just isn't worth arguing about.

Originally posted by smiles

I try not to bitch, thats why I haven't personally insulted you like you have me ("child"), personally I don't really care, water off a ducks back and all that, I moderated and explained where I saw it was necessary, thats it. I did not have "guns blazing", unlike some i don't condone violence.

<< Fio >>

Youth, child....it's all the same.
    As for me condoning violence...hahahah! It's a figure of speech! Don't they teach you anything at the CTYI?

And if this is all "water off a duck's back" why can't you just stop posting to this thread?

Can we drop this now, smiles?

Originally posted by eth0_

And if this is all "water off a duck's back" why can't you just stop posting to this thread?

Why Can't You? Huh? HUH?!!!

I'm just defending myself. *gives Oeneus a valium*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

WOW....Tom is really sliping up now a days... why back in my time Eth0_ and SYL work IP address would have been band at the first sign of them having an attack on a mod.....oh and that is what you are doing. The context you put "child" in did make it an insult to smiles... SYL looks to have stoped posting as it was getting out of hand, fair play to him like....but eth0_ you are just going way out of hand!

Hehe...This is fun!

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Youth, child....it's all the same.
    As for me condoning violence...hahahah! It's a figure of speech! Don't they teach you anything at the CTYI?

So you're going to *continue* to insult me?
    And you think *I* need to learn manners?
    Can we drop this now, smiles?

I dropped this after I responded to your many angry PMs, you then proceed to continue on in public as if we hadn't discussed it.

I'm just replying to what *you* say to defend myself (like the "child" that i am), when you stop, i will, i do believe i have about a quarter the number of posts on this thread that you do.

edit: just seeing some of your other posts, what exactly are *you* defending yourself from? I haven't seen anyone make any accusations against you, or insult you.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Man if this thread wasnt on my monitor (which is on my desk) id **** all over it

eth0 shut the **** you you ****ing moronicon thx gg tbh smb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Dont know if this has been done yet because im not wasting 10 minutes of my life readin this twaddle but:
    Originally posted by SYL on an internet message board
    I think that the nerds running this website have more than proved that. Well done, you bunch of spare pricks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Frankly, Fio is perfectly justified in deleting crap like this.
    And if I was DeVore, I'd whip out the old banning stick, and clap it off someone's arse.
    This isn't constructive, this is just a bitch lesson for a primadonna like Etho.

Oh? I'm sorry, was that an insult?
    Cheerfully withdrawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

DeVore is on holidays I think but maybe one of the other admins should lock the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Regi is more or less looking after things afaik (well, he seems to be here a little more often anywho)

I don't think I said "loose" so don't try and make out that I can't spell, you really are clutching at straws here.

I now renew Regi's call for a sarcasm parser. Pint for the person who gets it! :D

Advertisement