Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gta3 patch out

Options
  • 28-06-2002 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

didnt want to add it to another thread in case someone missed it :(
    "Take2, the publisher of GTA3, has just released the first GTA3 PC patch. This patch upgrades the game to version 1.1, I'm not sure if any of the slowdown concerns were addressed in this patch, you'll have to download the patch and try it on your own machine. The official list of changes..

Exception error after blue Rockstar load screen fixed.

Error loading saved games fixed.

Mouse sensitivity now saved with other settings.

Option for user to play audio files directly from hard disk.Grand Theft Auto III still requires the presence of the PLAY disc when started. This may give better performance on some machines.

All protection checks (apart from needing PLAY disc to start) removed. Grand Theft Auto III still checks for the presence of the PLAY disc when initially started, and plays audio from the PLAY disc if not found on the hard disk.
    "
    www.gta3.com
    Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I'm running 1024*768*32 near perfect now.
    Slows down when lots of people are on fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

What are you doing to them ....LOL
    Kdja

I go to the final part of the game
    turn on god and all weapons and wreak havoc
    then when the army comes out i use moltovs and flamethrower
    sometimes hangs the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

yo PPC got ne cheats for GTA3 im gettin bored of it need to add a little spice :p

PC Cheats

Clear Weather
    SKINCANCERFORME
    Foggy Weather
    PEASOUP
    Cloudy Weather
    ILIKESCOTLAND
    Rainy Weather
    ILOVESCOTLAND
    Faster Time
    MADWEATHER
    Wear Any Outfit
    ILIKEDRESSINGUP
    All Weapons
    GUNSGUNSGUNS
    Full Health
    GESUNDHEIT
    Full Armor
    TURTOISE
    More money
    IFIWEREARICHMAN
    Improve Car Handling
    CORNERSLIKEMAD
    Lower Wanted Level
    NOPOLICEPLEASE
    Higher Wanted Level
    MOREPOLICEPLEASE
    Tank
    GIVEUSATANK
    Peds Fight Each Other
    ITSALLGOINGMAAAD
    Peds All Hate You
    NOBODYLIKESME
    Crazy Peds
    WEAPONSFORALL
    Low Gravity
    CHITTYCITTYBB
    More Gore
    NASTYLIMBSCHEAT
    Blow Up All Cars
    BANGBANGBANG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭*NemesiS*

n1 ta but where do i type em in?? during game??

just ingame i think.
    I uset to use a trainer. Dunno if it works with the patch.

Originally posted by GTA3.com
    PC Version Cheats
    Completed the game? Or want some fun?

All cheats are entered during normal gameplay. After typing them in, you should get notification that the cheat was successful.

• All weapons
    GUNSGUNSGUNS

• Money
    IFIWEREARICHMAN

• Full Health
    GESUNDHEIT

• More Police
    MOREPOLICEPLEASE

• No Police
    NOPOLICEPLEASE

• Spawn Tank
    GIVEUSATANK

• All Cars Explode
    BANGBANGBANG

• Change Outfit
    ILIKEDRESSINGUP

• Everyone Goes Mad
    ITSALLGOINGMAAAD

• Everyone Hates You
    NOBODYLIKESME

• Everyone Has Weapons
    WEAPONSFORALL

• Speed Up Time
    TIMEFLIESWHENYOU

• Slow Down Time - Doesn't appear to work
    BOOOOORING

• Full Armor
    TURTOISE

• Clear Weather
    SKINCANCERFORME

• Rain
    ILIKESCOTLAND

• Thunderstorm
    ILOVESCOTLAND

• Fog
    PEASOUP

• Fast Weather Cycling
    MADWEATHER

• Invisible Cars
    ANICESETOFWHEELS

• Flying Cars
    CHITTYCHITTYBB

• Great Steering
    CORNERSLIKEMAD

• Detachable Limbs - Doesn't appear to work
    NASTYLIMBSCHEAT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

According to the vast majority of gta3forums.com, the patch doesn't do jack sh*t to address any of the performance problems. I'm very disappointed.

I haven't downloaded the patch yet but I guess I will eventually. Anyone who's already applied it? Is the game still jerky (if it was before)?

Originally posted by PPC
    I'm running 1024*768*32 near perfect now.

Otherwise its grand.
    I think ill have a quick game now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Wasn't the save/load problem only in certain 'warezd' versions of the game? And now they've gone and helped the monkeys?

World gone mad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

these big companies make too much money + i wouldnt have bought the game anyway, i like warez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

I tried that patch on my machine, P41.8Ghz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 MX, and it has made no difference at all from what i can see.

Warez Monkeys can go jump in the lake if they start moaning.....
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Originally posted by l3rian
    these big companies make too much money + i wouldnt have bought the game anyway, i like warez

LOL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

after applying the patch the full armor cheat doesn't seem to wotk for me but all the reset of them do, has this happened to anyone else? plus can anyone help me with the mission on the second island were you have to catch the paperazzi in the speed boat I can never catch up to him in the police boat & is it possible to fire a gun while driving the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

For the Poice boat mission you need to take the shortcuts staying as close as possible to the right hand side.

Cutting the corners you should be able to catch up to him and then its easy to hit him with the guns on the boat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

how do fire the guns on the boat? & also the tank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 [niKo]

Firing with the boat is the same button you use for pressing the horn in a vehicle or starting a Vigilante mission (for me it's Caps Lock). Firing the tank is mouse1 (for me). Go to configurations menu where you can check/redefine your controls. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

phoenix2181, Are you sure that your getting into the right boat?

The police boat is on the 2nd dock to the right as you go down the steps. You need to get into a boat and travel all of 2yds to get to it. You can't miss it, being black & white with "Police" written on it :)

Ignore this and do what [niKo] says if you are in the right boat.

Alternatively, you could shoot the boat from Asuka's place with the sniper rifle. Although you'll need to be pretty fast and have good aim ;). 3 or 4 shots do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Someone, anyone please help me with this damn thing :( please!

I've got 2 missions to choose from, either Asuka's mission of driving from phone to phone for no apparent reason, or the other Yakuza dude's mission of collecting cars and bringing them to the garage. I can't do either! I've tried using the Cheetah and even when I get a relatively clear run and use all shortcuts, I can't get round all the phones in time. It probably doesn't help that it constantly starts to rain and my 1.8Ghz geforce 3 computer decides to go to 1fps... gee I love you mr GTA graphics programmer... then with the other guy's mission, I bring the first car and stick it in the garage no problem, but any more and none of the garage doors will open. I try sticking it in the garages with half-open doors but still no luck. I even tried respraying the car (there wasn't a scratch on it) and that didnt help.

Also, I've been getting missions via a phone from King Courtney and the Yardies. I completed a mission picking up a car when Spank-head suicide bombers attacked me and I killed them all, completing the mission, but now when I go back to the phone the first ever Yardie mission starts up again...

Someone please help if not for me then for your own sakes, I'm a danger to society with this thing getting on me t!ts so bad
    :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Saved Mission 1

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Saved Mission 2

Saved Mission 3

OJ I am going to give you a big wet kiss.

ignore this post ive worked out how to do it :)

Do Asuka's mission with the phones and you'll open up Ray, another boss to work for. Technically, you don't have to Kenji's missions at all ("the other Yakuza" :)), so just skip him altogether if you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah, I didn't bother with him either.

and
    now he's dead... HAH!! :)

:p

Advertisement