Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HWC strateys

Options
  • 28-06-2002 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Strategies, do u have some set way of playing, have you ever thought about it? Any advice for a novice like meh ;)

I've only played a couple of multiplayer games, won them all btw :), on interesting one i seen was:

I was hammering the **** out of this guys mothership, he was Shamtaw (spl?) he charged his siege cannon and just b4 it fired hyperspaced, causing much unpleasantness too me :)

Some stupid things i see ppl doing is when hyperspacing away they try to get as far away as possible and as a result are real easy to find :) lol

don't really have any myself, just scout around, keep an eye on where your opponents are, launch an early assault on workers .. nothing much else but keep pounding on em till they break :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Tbh I'm not a fan of Homeworld:Cataclysm in multiplayer. The single player, now I liked that. But there's just something about the multiplayer that doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid. Is HWC strategic ? The one time I did play it, I didn't have any strategies, just attacked like :). I don't know if it's as strategic a game as Homeworld is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Homeworld is easy, only two strategies

3 Wall/Swarm
    Go for caps.

Me, I always build 30 scouts/ints and use them to harry enemy resourcers and draw attacks there whilew researching and building caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

That's one way of playing, other people prefer longer games. Like spending ages collecting resources, guarding them etc.

After this they would think of attacking the enemy and defending at the same time etc... It's a lot slower than Celt's way but some people find it more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by *Neo*
    That's one way of playing, other people prefer longer games. Like spending ages collecting resources, guarding them etc.

After this they would think of attacking the enemy and defending at the same time etc... It's a lot slower than Celt's way but some people find it more fun.
    Yeah but you fag9ts only ever want to play small maps :/

Advertisement