Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good prices from the states....

• 29-06-2002 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Just won an ebay auction with www.asenashop.com . They are an american site and seem quite professional and ship to Ireland for a decent price. (Shipping my Ti4600 for $28 with tracking).

They currently have Geforce 4 Ti4600s for $327. They have a nifty used section too, there is an opened but unused Sony Cybershot DHC-f707 there for $789. Bloody good digi camera that retails in Rip Off Ireland for 1599 Euro.

With the dollar almost at parity with the euro there are some bargains to be had...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

i was going to get the MSI Ti4400 for €363 from komplett.ie
    and now i've seen this.
    the visiontek Ti4600 for €358ish from asenashop.com.

stupid statement: i dont kow which to go for. the vision tek is obviously faster but comes with very little software (i know that doesnt matter)
    but if anything goes wrong returns for msi are at least in europe!!

any one want to give me in put?

(how long did it take for the visiontek card to arrive?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 r0sc0

To the US v Europe return policy - do you trust one more than the other, and are you that close to Europe that if you do have to return it, you wont do it by mail ? :)

I would definately go for the Visiontek.. I just got back from the US and smuggled a bunch of great hardware including a Abit 4400 which absolutely flies. NWN never looked so pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Still waiting for it at the mo'. It should arrive tomorrow (can see that it has arrived in Ireland through tracking on www.usps.com). Was shipped the two days after winning the auction. I'll let you know when i get it. The package is a little bare alright, would of liked to of gotten the MSI TI4600 or the Gainward one.....both come with a heap of software and accesories. Couldnt find them as cheap as this tho'.

There must be other American sites that ship to Ireland for a decent price. I know buy.com has started shipping Internationally but there is a minimun purchase of $500 !!

Ok, received my new card. Decent shipping, card looks lovely.....however.......its faulty. Asenashop are trying to fob me off by asking me to return it to Visiontek, Visiontek are telling me to return it to Asenashop.

Asenashop dont appear to have a returns policy that i can see so it looks like im going to have to fight a bit to get this card replaced which is ridiculous. Such a shame, the service has been above average up to this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Threaten them with bad feedback on ebay.... may do some good. :)

• Advertisement

Not when they have a +4204 feedback already. Not gonna make much of a dent im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You have to be careful ordering stuff from the states. I got an MP3 player from an online store there. The site was listed as a recommended site on Yahoo, so I thought it would be safe enough. MP3 player arrived, and it was fantastic.

However, about 3 months after I got it, it stopped working. It was dead - no power at all.

I checked the warranty, and I was disgusted to see that it was for 3 months only. The player broke after 3 months and 1 week. :(

I contacted the sellers, and they wouldn't even reply to my emails. So that was $220 down the drain.

I left negative feedback for the player and store on Yahoo. I was 100% polite about it - I just said 'buyer beware' about the warranty. After a few weeks, Yahoo removed the feedback (and left everyone elses positive feedback there).

Just be careful.......

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

personally i've never had a problem ordering from the states(and i've being doing it since the days of the voodoo3 :))

all the stuff i get i search in www.ibuyer.net and it tells me if the store is shipping internationally.
    everything i bought has been in perfect working order(although i got a bad order once,a quick e-mail sorted that out)
    you have to be VERY careful that you are ordering the right component and it gets delivered
    all in all it should be cheap as the € is ALMOST on par with the $ :)

Regards
    Ruaidhri

Nasty. Lucky enough the Ti4600 comes with a lifetime warranty from Visiontek. I know i will get it replaced eventually its just a pain when the retailer claims no responsablility at all over a DOA item.

Visiontek are opening a place in the UK but they dont deal with any returns there just yet. Looks like i will have to send it back to the States. Bloody 4th of July.....doubt i will be able to contact anyone over there today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

dunno if ill get that board now.
    plus the shipping is like $68!!!
    wtf

• Advertisement

You should have a few choices for shipping. Shipping via USPS with tracking is 28, without is 22.

It's a very good price for the card. They dont have a returns policy so there is a bit of a risk. I Certainly wouldnt recommend them anymore.

Advertisement