Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well Done Brazil, I Suppose...

• 30-06-2002 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Proberly the most enjoyable final in donkeys years, I wanted Germany to win just to annoy ppl but fair play to Brazil
    the goals were both well taken and Germany for all there gameness only occasional looked like actually scoring. Hamman
    will have to do better in the new season! Amazing to think those goals were the first Brazil had scored in open play in a final since 1970!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Yeah I felt sorry for the Germans because they didnt really do anything terribly wrong ( Khan/Hammans **** up aside) and actually took the game to Brazil early in the second half when Roberto Carlos was made a fool of two or three times in a row and Neuville took an absolute cracking freekick. It was a good football match and a much better final than 98 or 94, there was a contest this time and it was entertaining to watch. Neutral fans couldnt really lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Yeah it has to be said, fair play to Germany, they were worthy Finalists, hl to schneider on that free kick could have been somthing special.

After Brazil scored the first goal i was hoping that they might get one back just to add a bit more spice, the first goal from brazil was a bit silly on kahns behalf but the ball had alot of curl and pace on it, pld to Ronaldo on the follow up, he was on the ball (what a pun :))

The second goal, well not much can be said apart from the fact that it was perfect :)

gg

/me starts to shake from lack of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

best final since 86 :) (not hard considering the following 3 were utter pants)

hard to blame kahn after the world cup hes had, hes been utterly outstanding. It was raining as well, so that ball must have been pretty hard to hold.

Good end to a staisfactory world cup :)

(roll on euro 04! wait, when is the next copa america - next year isnt it?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Yea the copa America is back next year!

Congrats to Brazil they deserved to win,Thank god they were in the World cup cause overall it was pretty poor,but they were a joy to watch.

I hope Ronaldinho gets a move to a bigger club cause i would love to see more of him especially in the Champions league :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Which team does Ronaldinho play for now, and what teams are rumoured to be after him????? I'd love him to come to the Premiership (Even Man Utd!!!!) Any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think he plays for Nike athletic ... :D

He is currently with PSG, would be good to see him in the premiership though, preferably with the 'Pool and not Moneychester :D

Advertisement