Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett...

• 30-06-2002 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Before I place an order for my pc parts with Komplett I was wondering if they are good. I know they have GOOD prices but the real kick up the arse is havin to ship em over.

Is it expensive for them to ship it over?
    and
    Are they good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Fairly cheap for delivery.

If you look down the bottom of your shopping cart there should be an estimated price for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I ordered from them and delivery is about 6euros . Delivery wasn't very quick for me because DHL couldn't find were i live , because i'm a bogger but i did get the goods so it was better than dabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Delivery's about 6/7 euros usually... depends what you're buying.

Usually comes within 2 working days. Which is good considering it all ships from Norway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

why dont you create a test login and take a look at their delivery prices befor you order for real

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by G
    Delivery's about 6/7 euros usually... depends what you're buying.

Usually comes within 2 working days. Which is good considering it all ships from Norway.

Same for myself. Ordered a GeForce4 ti4600 off them about a month ago.

6.siomething euro DHL delivery. I ordered it on wednesday afternoon. Was shipped thursday morning ... inside the country inside of 23 hours, and delivered to me 9am Friday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I ordered about a grands worth of em tonight for a client of mine. ill report back to see if it gets to me by tuesday or wednesday at the latest. From what iv heard they are good for delivery. it cost about 26 euro for delivery of what i ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

They're the best. Cheap, super-fast delivery. generally good prices. I order basically all my stuff there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Mine was €21 for a case (pretty big). Ordered it after office hours (about 9pm) on a wednesday and got it at about noon on friday. Unless they dispatched it Wednesday night which i doubt, thats next-day delivery. Which is good from Norway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I ordered a sh1teload of kit from them (approx 2K euro) a few weeks ago. It all arrived as planned and in one piece.

No problems with Komplett.. I'd recommend them and I will be using them again.

c0y0te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Allright, They seem pritty good to me. All i need is a bit more money and ill place my order :D

Its gonna cost me about €35 for postage. But what do you expect when im ordering all the parts for my pc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

I just ordered nearly 2grand worth of equipment from them (building pc from scratch without monitor, so it includes case etc) and delivery came to about €35

However, i ordered an asus mobo and mobo-monitor thingy which weren't in stock at the time. but i got email confirming they would be in on monday and most likely shipped that day. winnar.

And is it not being shipped from Dublin by KPMG? (could be wrong on that, not sure)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well when I got my WD HDD, the From address is
    Komplett.ie
    c/o KPMG Dublin
    1 Stokes Place
    D2

Now, all I need to do is get the HDD working :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by irishbyte

Now, all I need to do is get the HDD working :(

Whats up with the HDD?

byte

Basically I can't get the drive to act as slave to my 10GB drive which is the one with OS. One thing I notice on WD drive which isn't on my old drive is "Master with Slave present" jumper.

Currently, if I have my 10GB drive as "Master" and WD as "Slave" when I get past BIOS POST, the 10GB starts for few secs, displays Windows98 screen, and that's it. It then stops doing anything. No more accessing noises. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Make sure the ATA speed on the WD hard drive is the same as the 10GB one! If its slave make sure its running off the same ribbon as the Master.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i ordered about 1grands worth last week from komplett and it still hasn't arrived :/

byte

Originally posted by Winters
    Make sure the ATA speed on the WD hard drive is the same as the 10GB one! If its slave make sure its running off the same ribbon as the Master.

Well it's now up and running. I'm very happy with it. Can't even hear it whirr (big change from noisy Quantum10GB!)

The only way theyd work together was if WD was Master and Quantum was slave. The WD drive had a jumper setting called "master with slave present" whereas the Quantum drive didn't.:)

Advertisement