Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New forum for Gadgets

• 30-06-2002 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Being a bit of a gadget freak myself I would love to see a forum for all the latest gadgets and up and coming technology.

If it gets enough votes and I get my wish I do not want to be a MOD, I feel someone with a bit more knowledge than myself who can get some news on all the latest things to come out would be better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

The best idea I've heard all week :)

I heartily endorce this product AND/OR service ;)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

/me looks at technology under technology and rolls eyes :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

I have a feeling that the tech board is not for this kind of stuff ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I heartily endorce this product AND/OR service.

I have been in a second world country (Spain) for the last two weeks and after returning this has to be one of the best ideas ive heard in the last two weeks.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Yeah this would be cool...
    Hey what happend to the canabis board btw?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

TOO

MANY

BOARDS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Its not that hard to click a link and post in the correct forum :rolleyes:

As for too many boards, yes there is a good few but they dont cover every topic and I feel there is still room for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

i have an mp3 player. i want to transfer the mp3s from my computer to an mp3 player.
    Tech?
    Gadgets?
    Ms apps/os?

please. tech covers this board purpose already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

Originally posted by Dustaz
    i have an mp3 player. i want to transfer the mp3s from my computer to an mp3 player.
    Tech?
    Gadgets?
    Ms apps/os?

RTFM :p

• Advertisement

Not really Dustaz, have you ever see any posts in the tech forum showing off a new gadget that has recently been released and has nothing to do with computers? I know I havent anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

yes.
    When the Ginger yoke was released.
    When the I-pod was released etc etc

Shrug I give up and will end with.

If you do not like the idea of the forum and the powers that be set it up then please just ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

Exactly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Dazzer
    Not really Dustaz, have you ever see any posts in the tech forum showing off a new gadget that has recently been released and has nothing to do with computers? I know I havent anyway.

I don't see anyone stopping anyone posting something like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭incubus

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    I like the sound of having somewhere to go just to see shiny things.

I have to admit...If I see a little * against the tech forum...I tend not to bother.

But a forum for shiny new things...I would visit.

Whats the harm?

agreed
    I heartily endorce this product AND/OR service :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

As others have said technology>technology seems totally dominated by PC parts questions (some that might be better off in HW Tweaking possibly ( buts thats another issue ) as a result it's not a frum that I bother with.

But somewhere to go to admire the bright new shiney oys, with buttons (drool), that would be good. So, in conclusion

I heartily endorse this product and/or service

Any chance of this happening admins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

More seriously, though, I suspect that the reason "Technology" is full of PC related questions is that they do indeed qualify as "technology", and often don't quite fit under "HW Tweaking".

I'm not one to encourage forum bloat, and I'm not going to change now. I think these things to have their place; and Technology seems to be the place as far as I can see. A quick count of the forums available (excluding Private ones) comes to just under 90. Of those, 13 are under the "Technology" umbrella - do we really need another one?

Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I will consult the all-knowing cake.

DeV.

Yes we do, as people have already stated many times people tend to stay away from the tech board has it is full of computer hardware related posts. Something more specific is needed. And if you do not like the forum just ignore it. Other more popular boards out there have way way more than 90 forums and they get by.

[EDIT]

Cheers DeV

[/EDIT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think the tech board should be used. There's already too many boards imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I agree with the lads opting against this board not cause i dont like gadgets, i would like to see a gagdet board.

I just think that the technology board is split up a bit too much, ie webmaster and web hosting could be used as one... Others could be grouped simillar.

maybe some cleaning up of this section then a look at if a gadget board should be started.

Advertisement