Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

trouble accessing this site

• 30-06-2002 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Are more people have trouble accessing this site over the weekend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

While using Eircom ISP I cant access the site at all and Im not the only person having this kind of problem, altho I dont think its the Boards fault.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Eircom didnt seem to want to connect to us for some of this weekend but I was not around to see it so I dunno why...

Please report any outages here. thanks for reporting that one... we'll keep an eye on it..

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭ondafly

Dev ; couldnt access today , at 11.30am, using Esat nolimits.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah its was down this morning for a brief while, I think Regi was saying oops :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Hello.

I've heard a few other people saying that they couldn't connect from eircom either, its probably a conspiracy :rolleyes:

Also, the box was down for about 8-9 hours between 2am and 10am on sunday morning - send queries to Mr E. Cksor :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭ondafly

couldnt Access my own site over the weekend either. But I've just heard that one of the Main DNS companies in Holland went into liquidation over the weekend, and this caused a tonne of sites across the web to malfuntion so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I could`nt access from eircom friday saturday or sunday evening .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I couldnt access it today. I was using an indigo dialup. I am contacted someone i know and they had words withsome in eircom net and the problem was resolved.

There was a problem with one of eircoms peerings with Energis in London... they were announcing the routes to us but weren't passing any traffic. The BGP peering has been cleared and it appears to work now.

so there ya have it. Routing problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

I have only just seen this thread now, I presume when people say they could'nt access "this site" they mean the Forum site. Yes, I had the same problem from Fri pm -Mon am,however since the problem was so widespread, could none of the Moderators have posted a message stating that there actually WAS a problem and saved us a lot of wasted time trying to get into the site. Would like a comment from the Moderators on this one, so that if it happens again,there is a procedure. Its the first real problem I've had on this extremly well run site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by robert muldoon
    the problem was so widespread, could none of the Moderators have posted a message stating that there actually WAS a problem and saved us a lot of wasted time trying to get into the site.

If you can't get into the site-how would you read the message?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

could none of the Moderators have posted a message stating that there actually WAS a problem and saved us a lot of wasted time trying to get into the site.

As well, if the moderators could access the site, how would they know something was wrong? ;)

To answer these queries:

I was able to access the Irish Cable web site, it was when I tried to get into the forum where i had the problem. Since this appeared to be an eircom problem, some of the moderators must have had a similar problem

To answer these queries:

I was able to access the Irish Cable web site, it was when I tried to get into the forum where i had the problem. Since this appeared to be an eircom problem, some of the moderators must have had a similar problem

Hi
    The Irish Cable web site is seperate from boards..
    Perhaps you should email the person who maintains the Cable website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by jd

Hi
    The Irish Cable web site is seperate from boards..
    Perhaps you should email the person who maintains the Cable website

Uh what? :confused:

Anyway, robert muldoon, all messing aside, it was an eircom routing problem, so it had nothing to do with boards.ie (except that this seemed to be the only site affected.....and hang on, now the rat is back........smells like 'protection racket' to me :D), so it's realy not anyone's responsibility except eircom's to notify users of problems.

:)

Ok , lets leave it at that, and hope it dos'nt happen too often. The main issue with me anyway is that its not a problem I have with my PC or with my settings. If it happens again ,I will know where the problem lies - Thanks everyone!

Originally posted by seamus

Anyway, robert muldoon, all messing aside, it was an eircom routing problem, so it had nothing to do with boards.ie (except that this seemed to be the only site affected.....and hang on, now the rat is back........smells like 'protection racket' to me :D), so it's realy not anyone's responsibility except eircom's to notify users of problems.

more precisely it was an energis/nevada telecom routing problem..

Originally posted by seamus

He could access

http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~icdg/

but not the boards forum

Advertisement