Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error correction on RAM

• 30-06-2002 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

I've my eye on this tasty little RAM addition to my motherboard :)

However, a friend of mine had difficulty when he bought non-error correcting generic RAM online. A couple of months later the RAM refused to run, and he spent several days swearing at his system until he figured that it was due to the lack of error correction on the RAM.

Now, I can't think of many uses for a stick of RAM outside of making your system run faster, so I would rather it actually worked in that capacity. Does anybody have any other experience of faulty RAM, or has the RAM on komplett's site have a warantee of any description?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

erm, the stick refused to run anymore because it was dead, not because of a lack of ecc.

I've had perfectly working sticks of ram go on me, also seen brand new ram fail to work. Very annoying, because you expect ram to be one of the last things to fail.

Advertisement