Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Song from an ad.

• 30-06-2002 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Right, there's this song that was on an ad a few weeks back... problem is I dont know that much about it and i'd love to know the song.

I'm pretty sure the ad was for some sort of wine/drink, etc. or similar.

The words of the song.... erg, not exactly sure (see my problem!), general idea was something similar to "If I could save time in a bottle..... (waffle i cant remember) .... I would save every moment 'til eternity passes us by, just to spend it with you."

Or similar, god damn the song tune wont get out of my head, can any help me out here!?

Damn being studying while TV was on in room beside me so i could only barely hear the song and not see it.

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ah! I just went mad at Google and threw in bits of everything i could remember, and I found it! (I was also in X-Files "Helping Hand" episode! :P )

:) Nice song, see Lyrics below

<< Fio >>

Time In A Bottle
    Words and Music by Jim Croce
    Copyright © 1975 Jim Croce, Atlantic Records.

If I could save time in a bottle
    The first thing that I'd like to do
    Is to save every day
    Till Eternity passes away
    Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
    If words could make wishes come true
    I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
    Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
    To do the things you want to do
    Once you find them
    I've looked around enough to know
    That you're the one I want to go
    Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
    And dreams that had never come true
    The box would be empty
    Except for the memory
    Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
    To do the things you want to do
    Once you find them
    I've looked around enough to know
    That you're the one I want to go
    Through time with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah... that was the ad with the guy on the desert island with only a pic of his girlfriend for company (or so we thought). Turns out that was really interested in the car behind her in the pic.

Sad bast*rd. :rolleyes:

- Dave.

Advertisement