Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men in black 2 is ....

• 01-07-2002 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

... Not bad.

But not great either, very like men in black 1. Ok story , great special effects but overall the film is not great.

Johnny knoxville plays the man villians stupid sidekick , which he does quite well but you keep picturing him in Jackass so its hard to take him as an actor.

One or two unfunny cameo's also ie:
    Michael jackson
    wtf he was doing in it i have know idea.

This film is definitley one for the kids but if you have nothing better on its worth a look.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No Linda Fiorentino, I gather (bit sad about that, but I suppose Lara Flynn Boyle is some recompense)

Looking forward to this one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Lara flynn boyle looks great in the clips for it.

She should let her hair down in The Practice. (Or maybe curl and dye it red, Wanyes World. lol)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

When is its irish release date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Linda Fiorentino is still too embarressed to be seen in public never mind another movie after she starred in that ridiculously bad movie "Liberty Stands Still".
    Wesley Snipes has nothing to be proud about either!

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter
    When is its irish release date?

UK release is August 2 so I guess either then (hopefully with previews before) or the week after

Something bothering me about the movie:
    The original ending had the WTC opening up releasing UFOs into the air. Now it's the Chrysler building. Not that I'm being pedantic or anything but I liked the fact that the plotline tied into the building date of the WTC as well as maybe explaining why they built two skyscrapers on top of a dump with no travel infrastrusture built in: in other words, the WTC was built in only a few years to hide the UFOs. The Chrysler building was completed in 1929. Like I said, I'm not being pedantic for the sake of pedantry, but I did enjoy the cleverness employed with the flying saucers and the Worlds Fair in the first one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Linda Fiorentino is still too embarressed to be seen in public never mind another movie after she starred in that ridiculously bad movie "Liberty Stands Still".

Emmm what about Ordinary Descend Criminal I would have thought the everyone in that would be keeping low.

Wesley Snipes Has Blade Thus any film that he makes which is crap we can forgive him for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I thought the cameo mentioned by Darth Homer as unfunny was pretty amusing - just my random thoughts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

I quite liked the first one.

"He's just sneezing!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭JarJar blinks

cool film

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Terrible film.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I enjoyed it, took my little sis and little cousin...I thought it was funny, but then Iloved the first one! I just liked this one a lot...
    oh, and how do you do that spoiler thing? I just now figuered out I could read the spoiler by passing cursor over it, sad I know.

Originally posted by Darth Homer

One or two unfunny cameo's also ie:
    Michael jackson
    wtf he was doing in it i have know idea.

Anyone think the guy isn't an alien? I could pop in a few one liners about beaming up little kids into his spaceship for examination but that wouldn't be especially funny so I won't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

.... a heap of crap.

I did like that guys Cameo. Hes' well able to take the piss out of himself after doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by BEAT
    oh, and how do you do that spoiler thing? I just now figuered out I could read the spoiler by passing cursor over it, sad I know.

{SPOILER} text {/SPOILER}
    but not with curly brackets, with [].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

..a bit pants really. Defo a cash in job, rather like Austin Powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Its a big disappointment, MIB 1 appealed to a wider audience, unfortunately MIB 2 is more for children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

Was it just me or was it very very short? It seemed very short to me. Though not it a "Wow that was a great movie it can't be over" way. I saw it today and while it is very watchable it isn't particually funny.

About that cameo:
    Aparently Michael Jackson was asked it cameo in the first one. He was supposed to be one of the Aliens being monitored on the big screen in MIB HQ with Mr Stallone. He refused point blank. I remember reading a lot of stuff about him being very stuck up for refusing. Anywho it might have something to do with that.

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, apparently he cried when he saw the first one (???) because it was so moving or something.
    he kept pestering the producers to be in the second one after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

thought it was totally crap, its for a lot younger audience than the first one, the first one was okay and had good bits but this just TOTALLY for the young kiddies.

There one good line in it, i think it was in the trailer, i seen it before the film anyhew:

guess its a spoiler or sorts so
    where tommy lee jones goes to will smith when the fancy merc comes with a white dummy drivin it, "does that come as standard", nah they used to have a black guy but it kept gettin pulled over" to me probally the only redeaming bit, and that ain't much. Michael J. cameo was crap, and Jonny Knoxville sucked in it sadly too. IMHO

Alo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Film wasn't much good to be honest. It seemed like a remake of the original and it just failed to hold my interest. Everything felt like it had been tacked on, including the love interest.

Liked the UFO landing at the start tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sandrius

have to admit I did like the efects even if everything was a simple remake of the first one at least the effects techonolgy has improved eneough to make it at least look better, even if the script wasnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I thought bits were funny.
    The spoiler from above was good and also some of the bits where wil smith started mumbling about stuff. eg the suit. i chucked at them but apart from that it wasnt great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I thought it was pants. 2 funny bits in the movie with the talking dog. That's about it. I didn't think much of the first flick to begin with.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I just about passes time and that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

a crude bucket tied to a stick using used dental floss

Advertisement