Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap/ Free hosting for Charity??

Options
  • 01-07-2002 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'll leave it in the hands of the mods, move it if its not right..

I've undertaken to develop a web site for a guy who is currently trying to raise a million irish pounds to buy 6 heart checking machines that check babies hearts for hypoplasticy. He's doing pretty well and has already given one machine to a hospital in Dublin. This machine will hopefully save the lives of countless small babies due to giving Doctors the correct diagnosis.

Anyways ALL the money he raises goes towards these machines so anything like hosting/development costs he pays for himself from his own pocket. I'm donating the labour involved in developing his site but I need to find either really cheap or free web hosting to host it.

So my question is this, is there anywhere I can get hosting (no adds) for free that will be accomodating of a domain name (i.e. not geocities) or does anyone here have a small amount of web space they would be prepared to donate?

My time is very valuable and not in abundant supply these days so I wouldnt be doing this if I didnt think it would make a difference. If anyone is interested in helping out in anyway please PM me.

Cheers
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

How much space do you need? scripting languages? database?

what sorta traffic are talking about?

mite be able to fix you up with something.

PM me details,

Regards,

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If Paul can't sort you out let me know. I'd be more than happy to look at the details and offer you FREE hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Great lads, cheers for the response.

I'll send details by PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Eurofficial

Fair play....Sounds like a good cause!!

Likewise....I can sort you out with free hosting if you need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Damn, if I knew someone would have done free hosting for a charity event I would have asked around here if someone would have given me a few megs of free space so I could have done a website for the Irish Prison Service "Cycle Of Ireland" charity cycle that's starting next week.

Oh well, maybe I'll see about next year then! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think it's pretty much a given that every hoster on Boards will donate free space for charities/activists/advocates, as long as they believe in the cause. In case people aren't aware, there's a Web Hosting forum now on Boards -- next time something comes up, drop a note in there and we'll all climb all over each other looking for a button on your site. :)

adam

Advertisement