Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volume problem?

• 01-07-2002 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Hey dunno if this is right place but i got wierd prob with my volume control??

I installed FMV (a video player) and after not getting what i want from it i removed it but ever since when i play any of my mp3s the WAV volume gets put to 0 and i have to put it back up and every time i change songs it goes back to 0...Any ideas? its a win98 system.

p.s What can i use to take the soundtrack of a mpeg (theres a cool song i want from it...)???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

To get the soundtrack of an .mpg file, you need to split it (called "de-multiplexing"). TMPGENC should do the job. You can check out the guides on vcdhelp.com for more information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Yeah thx alot i got what i wanted (used virtualdub) now if only i can fix this godddamn volume prob..what would cause something like this? Everytime i use winamp my volume gets moved to 0 and i have to put it back up after every song. I've tried reinstalling...to no help :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Open the Preferences window, select Output in the left pane, select "Nullsoft waveOut plug-in" in the right pane, click "Configure" and uncheck "Enable" at "Volume Control".

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=32675&highlight=volume+reset

Hope that helps

MB

Advertisement