Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL update - Not Good News

Options
  • 01-07-2002 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this was reported previously as I have missed alot of whats been posted here recently.

I rang NTL for my quarterly questioning session regarding when they are upgrading my area. Got onto a chap who was firing out the usual "not sure" scenario. So I asked him who was the manager in charge of the project. He gave me this guys name and direct line.

So I rang him. Told him that I was a member of Ireland Offline, he is familiar with us and has met some of the committee. I asked him about my area Ballinteer and he was very frank. At the moment areas of D24, D22, D6W and D16 are upgraded. They will not be upgrading any more areas until next year (if at all). He says at the moment they are trying to allocate some funding but it is not definate yet. He said that he was quite frustrated as he knows there is a large demand for this product but his hands are tied.

So unfortunately NTL will not be the answer to our prayers in the short term.

I reckon we need to piggyback this campaign onto the back of the Euro ripoff saga at the moment to gain more publicity.

We do need to keep the pressure on Politicians and make this an issue that will not go away. Remember the only usefull Politician is an annoyed one :)

Gandalf.

(by the way you will be seeing less of me in the evenings as I have decided to cancel my ISDN line. I'm paying out too much money to Eircom, enough is enough.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

We do need to keep the pressure on Politicians and make this an issue that will not go away. Remember the only usefull Politician is an annoyed one

Yes! well....
    keep sending those emails :)
    What did someone once say on this board...

complain! complain! complain! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Parts of D24, D22, D6W and D16

D16? what parts does anyone know? Ballinteer is in D16 and Every time i ring up it's "Sorry your area is not upgraded yet"

So near yet so far!

Advertisement