Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Six Feet Under

• 01-07-2002 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Check it out, especially if you liked the film American Beauty. Writer Alan Ball returns to the subject of a dark undercurrent in American suburbia as he tells the tale of a family who struggle to run a funeral parlour against the wishes of a large impersonal Funeral corporation.

Episode 3 (i think?) is on right now! As a bonus composer Thomas Newman returns to do the theme for this as well!

11.05pm every Monday on Channel 4. Repeated Wednesdays on E4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I wasn't planning to watch it but caught the first episode and now I'm hooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I was planing to watch them, saw some of the first episode, said "What the fudge cake is going on here" and never watched it again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

yer tis very good far less cliches involved in this than there were in American Beauty also tons more time to develop the characters

you need to sit down and watch a full episode though before you get into it alot of people just seem to give it 10 minutes and then decide its crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I love the mother and the daughter, the comedy is blacker than black, the whole toesucking thing was hilarious

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

lol, I was'nt going to watch it either but then I got caught watching it cause I forgot to change the channel, then I found myself wanting to watch more...all except for the gay scenes with the bro and cop...I could do with out the explicit details of that..but it is HBO :) ahh HBO, where would I be without you..Sopranos. Sex and the city....joy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mad_Patrick

That's some good TV, I like the characters, I like the way they're not afraid of upsetting anyone, like The brilliant Sopranos. The girlfriend is a psycho though, which is great. It'll all end in tears.

Advertisement