Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

this months sky Mag

• 01-07-2002 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Check the letters setction
    Mentions utv/ch4 soming this year and also sky +

Kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

I think that once something is mentioned in the Sky mag it is definately going to happen. We need a BIG event to look forward to after all the Irish Channels came on Sky. Maybe they'll be on board by September...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by kdja
    Mentions utv/ch4 soming this year and also sky +

it says that about Sky+ but not UTV/Channel 4. it says
    From The Sky Customer Magazine
    we hope Channel 4 and UTV will join Sky's [Irish] service in the future

no mention of a time frame for these channels to join our EPG

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the fact that its even mentioned in both backchat and the Sky magazine can only be a good thing, if it was something that was never gonna happen i dont think sky would bother printing the letter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

I was wondering if there was some kind of connection between NTL and Chorus's sudden urge to advertise that they have UTV and C4 and the 'hint' from Sky that they might begin broadcasting these channels in the future.

There may be a 'notice' clause in the contracts between these channels and NTL and Chorus to the effect that UTV and C4 need to advise them of an intention to resell their services to competing providers.

So, NTL and Chorus are notified of UTV / C4's intentions to go on Sky in (say) 3 months, hence the aggressive marketing drive. It'll be all too late once Sky get them on board.

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

here's to wishfull thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bobo

Maybe it's just Sky trying to get more subs by saying these channels Might be coming onto the irish EPG? They know that this is what they need in order to get more subs from Ireland. Hope i'm just talking crap because i'd love to see them on Sky but we all know Sky!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Originally posted by Bobo
    Maybe it's just Sky trying to get more subs by saying these channels Might be coming onto the irish EPG? They know that this is what they need in order to get more subs from Ireland. Hope i'm just talking crap because i'd love to see them on Sky but we all know Sky!!!

The problem with that though is that Sky are not saying these things where non-subscribers would see it ie. Sky mag, backchat and responses to emails from groups like this.

Advertisement