Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I should be paying you ppl £30 an hour like pcworld

• 30-08-2001 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

another problem, this time its wiv Internet connection sharing and Gaming.

Problems are:

Any Half-life based games that r tried to be played on one of the remote machines wont work and keeps getting messages saying that their cs/Tf/DMc/Opera is out of date and to D/l the updated version...but when u try and play it from the gateway it works fine...
    (might it be the cd key?)

2. The ISDN TA wont work on the other machines after sharing the connection...
    it recognises it and all but just stays on the Dialing screen and number when u try to dial up..

Again All help is appreciated and Thanks to Gerry and sutty and everyone else about helping me wiv me last problem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmmmmm.....
    afaik, one machine connects, the other machines go through that first machine.
    at least that what i do here, but im using dsl so its on constantly.
    thats if i have your question right?
    no idea about your half life question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

u do know that there is a new ( about 2-3 weeks old ) hl update which almost no one has upgraded to ?

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

install 1.1.0.7 for a start if you haven't

another problem might be the udp routing, seeing as both computers will only have the 1 i.p. address, and both will be trying to use the same port on the computer, so packets might be going to the wrong computer.

Drivers for the TA, I had a problem like that which went away after getting the proper drivers installed, or else get wingate www.wingate.com easy to set up, and alot better than ICS imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Am, 1.1.0.7 is backwardsly compatible with 1.1.0.6
    its in the readmeh file.
    If Valve offered a straight patch, without any uselss mods thrown in, a strip[ped down upgrade, ppl wouldn't be so slow to update.
    its these 10meg+ dowloads ppl hate.
    i'm on 28.8 too btw, so others have no excuse wink.gif

Also that ISDN TA mightn't work on the other machines because for ICS etc. to work, AFAIK, Dial-up adapter has to uninstalled, something to do with the routing or MAC addresses binded to net connection of something. Astrofool, I'll say no more wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

theres a full version of a modem sharing programme on the cover DVD og pc gamer,

so just stealk the DVD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

what iussue number?
    101?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

i play HL over ICS and it always works fine.. try going to the console as soon as you start the game and typing "connect netshop.ie" (wihtout quotes) and tell me exactly what it says in reply.

also, tell me the items listed in your network control panel on both server and client machines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Superman:
    so just stealk the DVD</font>

this is not the answer . if ya want the latest version just e-mail ur rl addy and ill send it to you .

and super you should know better

what type of world will we live in when there is no world ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

Do you want our addresses to send that pay?

Can't help you on your sharing prob - but what about asking in one of the cybercafes where people rent out networks of puters to play together and online? They probably have the problem whipped.

Advertisement