Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The truly wonderful Flaming Lips

Options
  • 02-07-2002 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

It will, as all of us agreed last night, be a lasting memory, the Lips at Vicar St. Left us speechless. Balloons popping with confetti falling on the crowd, the happiest musicians I have seen in a long while, and all the great's...

Truly memorable.

Tonight on Heavy Traffic I will air a chat I had with Steven yesterday, where he was shockingly candid.

As well I will play several tracks from their excellent forthcoming album Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.

Many thanks
    Alison :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

it was pretty superb, alright. especially the kylie cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Leila

It was quite magical
    Just so uplifting
    I loved the last song (b4 the encore) where everybody was cheering all the way through the song
    The new stuff sounded really good too
    @A Spoonful Weighs a Ton' = tears in my eyesDitto 'the spark that bled'
    GWAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i was speachless too! but with a big big smile on my face. it was just amazing, i had heard they were great live, and i thought the hype would spoil the night, but my god ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i only got to see bits and pieces of the gig but it looked brilliant, (although the place will be destroyed for months to come with all the confetti) what kind of music are they? i only saw half of 2 songs, but if they were all that kind of style i'll definately check them out. and the guys were lovely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

how come you only managed to see two songs? i don't know much of their stuff, but what they played on monday night is pretty much their style. get the soft bulletin (i think that's what it's called, i don't have it right here in front of me): it's fantastic and you'll love it... i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i work there! i only got to see a few songs coz i was on my break/in the shelter.

Advertisement