Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skybooster woes

Options
  • 02-07-2002 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hey guys
    well I eventually got up and running with skybooster tonight, well sort of......in fact not at all. It doesn't seem to be receiving anything, it has signal quality of 60-70% but the little icon stays yellow all the time. I signed up for that €9.90 per month thing and all traffic seems still to be going through the modem, I have tried everything they suggest on their FAQ/help page, all to no avail. Tried all transponers mainly 113, nothing. Anyone got any ideas ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    Hey guys
    well I eventually got up and running with skybooster tonight, well sort of......in fact not at all. It doesn't seem to be receiving anything, it has signal quality of 60-70% but the little icon stays yellow all the time. I signed up for that €9.90 per month thing and all traffic seems still to be going through the modem, I have tried everything they suggest on their FAQ/help page, all to no avail. Tried all transponers mainly 113, nothing. Anyone got any ideas ??

Have you read the help docs? Have you got your proxy settings for your web browser set? Also I think you have to change the IP of your DVBS card.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Make sure you have added PID 511 (i think its 511) in your skyserver setup ... close skybooster, reboot and try again.

I was using skybooster and getting download speeds of 90k which is great but you go through the 20hours to quickly, so i have signed up for netsystem which i will try and get working tonight. 1mbps from 1am ...cant be bad !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

What is this €9.90 "basic service" ?
    how does this differ form the 39 pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Thanks for the replies folks. I have tried all you have mentioned ! still yellow symbol in the sys tray :mad:

Bone collector, I think its much the same except you don't get any "free" time using the service, i.e. when you log on you start getting charged at €0.039 per minute, I just signed up to it for a month to see what it's like. Although at the moment, I'm not able to see what it's like, 'cos it doesn't f'ing work :rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

That will cost €56.70 for 20hr as appose to €39. hmmmm.. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement