Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness camping

• 02-07-2002 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭

Whats the story with camping at witnness. Do they let people go down on the friday and stay till monday or are the grounds only open for camping saturday morning till sunday evening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

yea me wonderin too coz i cant the train back till monday evenin and want to stay sunday nite too..id say u can coz it wont be over till bout 1 or 2 hopefully....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Originally posted by Bender
    yea me wonderin too coz i cant the train back till monday evenin and want to stay sunday nite too..id say u can coz it wont be over till bout 1 or 2 hopefully....

it will be finished at 11 to 11.30 Id say.
    No way will it go on past 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

THe camping ticxket allows you to camp Saturday night and sunday night, but they will hunt you out of it early monnday morning. They try to have the whole campsite empty by about 9 o'clock.

Dunno what the story is with friday night. I planning on going up friday and camping in a field across the road if i can even get out to the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

From the Witnness website:

Witnness campsite opens at 11am on Saturday, 13th July and closes early morning Monday 15th.

You must have purchase a camping pass in advance and camping passes will only be issued to weekend ticket holders (€130).
    There are basic washing and toilet facilities, first aid, security points and market areas with hot food and drink concessions.

You can bring cans into the campsite but you cannot bring glass bottles. This is for your safety and all glass will be confiscated by security so be warned.

Campsite fires are banned. We all like a BBQ banger or two, but again this is for your own safety so please don’t be a firestarter.

For your safety some friendly security staff will patrol the site and it will be lit at night, however as at all campsites, thefts may occur. So don’t leave valuables lying about, keep all your money on you at all times and it is a good idea to put your name and address on all your belongings in case they get lost – you wouldn’t believe what we found last year.

The Witnness Festival campsite is the only official camping ground. Anyone trying to pitch a tent on nearby land will be removed.

Camping pitches are allocated on arrival. If you intend to camp alongside friends, meet up beforehand and arrive at the main entrance together.

There will be 14 campsite zones which will all be named (e.g. Zone 1: Jimmy Hendrix) to help you find your tent when you’re swaggering back late at night. Try to remember which zone you are in.

Remember whether you arrive by car or bus, you will have to carry your gear a fair distance to the campsite, so don’t pack anything you can’t carry. Those of you are lucky might find someone to carry it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

Was anyone reading the Witnness boards .They said in a few posts that they are opening the gates friday evening.SO camping is allowed ?Is many going up on friday then?

Also abot how much cash should Ibring with me .I was at it last year and i brought 100 pound I was sort so should i bring 200-300 Euro this year or is Witnness just ripping me off some how .

Is the tickets sold out for the 2 day pass and camping yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

For got to say i was at it only one day last year and that i only brought 100 pouind for the day.How much should i bring this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

if you're camping you won't need half as much.

finances this year:

1 * crate of dutch gold -- €28
    4 * burgers -- €16
    4 * bottle of water -- €5
    10 * packs of crisps -- €2
    2 * taxi fares -- €20
    80 * top acts -- priceless!

TOTAL: €71

I'll probably bring the extra €29, just for piece of mind. WITNNESS on a shoe string.

seriously though, u'll spend most of your cash on drink.....if ur camping, bring as many cans as possible....preferrably the dutch nectar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

If you're spending over 100 quid on site then you're doing something wrong, unless you're gonna buy some **** overpriced merchandise. your best bet is to buy some food in advance, it save an awful lot of money in the long run, i found heinz meatballs and spaghetti surprisingly good, just make sure you get the cans that have ring pulls on them(bringing a fork is a good idea, you can buy a nice litte hard plastic set of knives and forks fairly cheap and they tend not to break or have a horrible taste after a few days.). you can also get very nice big cheap and cheerful water bottles from any decent pound shop.
    I'll be going down for the weekend, i'm not camping so i'll not be bringing my own food, but for those of you that are do your best to bring your own, if you have the basics, water and something filling you'll be grand. If you're gonna bring alcahol your best bet is probably spirits and cheap ones at that(if any of you are going to uk festivals avoid sainsburys vodka like the plague, it's really cheap and initially will look like a good option, but you'll regret it), stick them in plastic bottles so they won't be confiscated and they're much easier to lug around than cans of beer.
    There's more but i'm bored now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

wat time do the offys open in dublin??i want to get drink there b4 the bus..is it hard to get served im 17 and a fake european age card will they reject (age card only)..thanks.i dont want to bring loadsa drink up on train.too heavy plz wb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Is it true that you can only get a camping pass at the same time that you buy your standard weekend pass, I'm asking cause all the websites and articles say that a camping pass will only be issued to people holding a weekend pass which I do I just want to upgrade to camp.

Failing that my mates invited me to saty with them, they have campnig passes and a big tent what are the chances of the heavies lettin me and my girlfriend onto teh site to stay in that tent, really it shouldn't make any difference since we're all styin in one tent not taking up anymore space??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

You'd think that, but security guards tend to be gits a lot of the time and may not let you on. whether you can upgrade to a camping ticket onsite i'm not sure, i know a couple of the uk festivals will do it but i dunno about witnness.

Originally posted by Bender
    wat time do the offys open in dublin??i want to get drink there b4 the bus..is it hard to get served im 17 and a fake european age card will they reject (age card only)..thanks.i dont want to bring loadsa drink up on train.too heavy plz wb

Urm 10.30 I think. Perhaps 11.30.

If you look 17 theyll ask for ID but tescos and dunnes are meant to be pretty lenient. But have you considered what your doing is immoral and illegal?

Underage Drinkers make baby jesus cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Toast

Urm 10.30 I think. Perhaps 11.30.

If you look 17 theyll ask for ID but tescos and dunnes are meant to be pretty lenient. But have you considered what your doing is immoral and illegal?

Underage Drinkers make baby jesus cry.

Very few offies in town will accept anything other than a passport/drivers licence as proof of age now. And dunnes in Talbot st are NOT lenient! Don't you remember our trip there before Ozzfest, Toast? I'm 21 and my friends who are the same age got asked for ID or they wouldn't be served.

I don't see why people feel the need to get smashed before concerts, they only embarrass themselves, e.g, lots of little teenagers performing projectile vomiting stunts at ozzfest around 2pm or so, it's just pathetically sad.

Originally posted by eth0_

Very few offies in town will accept anything other than a passport/drivers licence as proof of age now. And dunnes in Talbot st are NOT lenient! Don't you remember our trip there before Ozzfest, Toast? I'm 21 and my friends who are the same age got asked for ID or they wouldn't be served.

Your friends look young I guess. Anyway im sure the lovely staff of Dunnes Talbot street would go out of their way to make life difficult for rockers. </blatantstereotyping>

I don't see why people feel the need to get smashed before concerts, they only embarrass themselves, e.g, lots of little teenagers performing projectile vomiting stunts at ozzfest around 2pm or so, it's just pathetically sad.

Numbs the pain. Last time I went to a concert sober I had to drop back after 2 songs.

Advertisement